In partnership with Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead fundraising efforts as CIELO continues to grow. A new position, the Development Officer will have the opportunity to build the Development position. The Development Officer will develop short-term and long-term fundraising plans, while incorporating CIELO’s policies and procedures, mission and vision in development and implementation of those plans.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, research, and cultivate funding sources and relationships to include corporate, foundation, religious and community organizations, and individuals in support of CIELO and its activities.
- Develop solicitation materials and prepare funding applications to various sources.
- Report requirements of secured funding to ED and/or Leadership team.
- Establish and implement an annual calendar of fundraising and grant-writing activities to include organizations and program special events.
- Secure financial investment from individuals, corporations, and corporations, meeting or exceeding annual budgeted goals.
- Develop and steward ongoing donor relationships.
- Oversee special events.
- Manage and oversee LGL data entry and prompt gift processing and acknowledgement
- Develop, track proposals and reports for foundations and corporate donors.
- Provides professional leadership and training to board and staff, particularly in major donor stewardship and development.
- Fosters an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
- Develops a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA, CFRE preferred
- 5 years Development experience
- Proven track record of effectively gaining the respect and support of donors, board members, staff, and community members.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, organizational skills, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and donor database programs.
- Understanding and proficiency in the use of the internet for social media communications and online fundraising.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- Pass required WA State background check
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- A sensitivity to and ability to respond appropriately to cultural differences of donors, prospects, and staff
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in job related activities
- Willingness to take direction
- Ability to work well with others and establish respectful relationships
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education