Rural Fair Housing, Lending & Foreclosure Program Director - Location Negotiable
- Job posted by California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc.
Details: Dependent on experience
Who We Are:
Founded in 1966, CRLA’s mission is to fight for justice and individual rights alongside the most exploited communities of our society. Through a network of regional offices and cross-cutting programs, CRLA provides legal services to over 40,000 low-income people annually in a broad range of priority areas, including housing, employment, education, health, leadership development and immigration. The impact of CRLA’s advocacy has touched the lives of literally millions of low-income individuals, improving conditions for farm workers, low-wage workers, individuals with disabilities, immigrant populations, LGBT communities, women, children and families in rural areas.
Position: Rural Fair Housing, Lending & Foreclosure Program Director
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Negotiable (CRLA Office)
Term of Employment: Regular, Full-Time
Other: FLSA Exempt, Non-Union Position
The Rural Fair Housing, Lending and Foreclosure Program Director is responsible for the management of CRLA’s statewide projects related to fair housing, fair lending and foreclosure. This includes setting state-wide advocacy goals, articulating advocacy outcomes, overseeing housing grants, and supporting local office and program staff in the delivery of legal services. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
- Annually develop advocacy goals to reach statewide Fair Housing, Fair Lending and Foreclosure related outcomes, including grant-funded deliverables.
- Support CRLA offices and Program Directors to increase office and program capacity to provide fair housing, fair lending, and foreclosure intervention services and information.
- Develop and provide substantive and grant administrative requirements training to CRLA staff.
- Provide support on substantive legal issues to CRLA staff statewide to support direct services to clients regarding fair housing, fair lending and foreclosure avoidance.
- Work with the Pro-Bono Coordinator and Housing DLAT to arrange private co-counsel opportunities for offices and programs and co-counsel with local offices on fair housing, fair lending and foreclosure related advocacy, as appropriate.
- Oversee implementation of the Fair Housing and Fair Lending Testing Program and supervise the Testing Coordinator.
- Regularly review Fair Housing, Lending, and Foreclosure cases and advocacy efforts with the Housing DLAT.
- Review regularly progress on grant deliverables and reporting requirements with the Development Department.
- Gather, analyze, and report data concerning CRLA client needs, systemic patterns, services, and resulting clients’ outcomes.
- Evaluate program impact and develop knowledge of field staff needs as they relate to potential housing grants.
- Attend CRLA Housing Task Force meetings and other CRLA housing related trainings and events whenever possible.
- Develop relationships with other related agencies, foundation and corporate grant officers to implement CRLA's Fair Housing, Fair Lending, and Foreclosure objectives.
- Help the Development Department prepare fair housing, fair lending, and foreclosure grant applications, including budgets and staffing.
- Oversee the budget for the Rural Fair Housing, Fair Lending and Foreclosure Program.
- Oversee efficient and accurate database and record keeping systems to meet grant reporting criteria.
- Collaborate with staff of CRLA’s Administrative Departments to generate reports as required by funder(s).
- Collaborate with the Development Department to secure grant funding.
- Perform other job-related duties deemed necessary at the direction of the Deputy Director.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary DOE; Generous benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K retirement plan contribution. Fourteen (14) paid Holidays, generous vacation and sick leave policy, some professional dues paid by CRLA and if qualified - participation in the School Loan Reimbursement Assistance Program (LRAP).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW: