111 E Court Street
Position Purpose / Summary: The Campaign Manager works in creating and implementing key strategies and initiatives for donor engagement, recognition and stewardship for both individual and corporate donors. The Manager contributes to mission fulfillment as he / she:
1. Drives Resource Development via planning and implementation of the Campaign.
2. Publically speak and showcase UWGC throughout the community and assists team members in doing the same.
Organizational Standards, Behaviors, Values, and Core Competencies:
These represent the knowledge, abilities and behaviors that result in an individual’s personal effectiveness and effective interactions with others. These are elements that all individuals are expected to possess, and they define what United Way of Genesee County values the most in people. The goal of the core competencies is for individuals to be able to perform in a diverse number of positions throughout the organization.
- Mission Focused
- Relationship oriented
- Result oriented
- Brand Steward
The Campaign Manager will support and demonstrate UWGC’s Values through his / her behavior. (See Attachment A).
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
• Oversee the planning, implementation and overall strategy of the annual campaign
• Analyze and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of current and past campaigns. Suggest improvements. Help FAS in developing new resource development strategies and tools.
• Set goals, develop timetables and work plans for team members.
• Implement a comprehensive donor engagement strategy to enable meaningful recognition and engagement of high level individual and corporate donors including:
o Stewardship of donors through the delivery of specialized donor recognition correspondence, campaign collateral, direct mailing, campaign software implementation, newsletters and cultivation
o Participate on cross functional teams working with the Director of Community Impact to create strategic corporate volunteer engagement strategies.
o Identify and cultivate new sources of revenue, including corporate accounts and professional support.
o Manage direct reports in the donor engagement and stewardship.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Indicators of success in fulfilling the requirements of this position include the following:
1. Increase in fund development numbers
a. New workplace accounts that are strategically wise
b. Increase in revenue in existing accounts
c. Increases in other revenue such as individual giving, corporate grants, CFC, Special Events, Planned Giving, Endowment Development
d. Effective management of, and appropriate focus on accounts that yield insignificant revenue
e. High quality investor experience
i. Assures that the team is trained
ii. Implements an improved communications and engagement strategy
2. Uses campaign technology to enhance UWGC’s public image and level of understanding
3. Implementation of Campaign strategy and structure based on regions
4. Active in community at social events and groups in community
5. Motivates direct reports and supports their professional growth
6. Contributes actively and positively to Leadership Team
7. Behavior is consistent with UWGC’s values
8. Practices behaviors that help build a trusting team and work environment
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Ability to lead teams
• High level writing skills.
• Self motivated and goal oriented.
• Must be detail oriented; work well with deadlines and results oriented.
• Driver’s license required.
• 5-7 years of Experience in non-profit preferred with demonstrated track of success in creating and implementing donor stewardship and recognition programs.
• Personnel management and project management experience a must.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master preferred, preferably in business administration or public administration or related field.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
Salary Range - $50,000 - $60,000
Health, Dental and Vision
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Health Savings Account
Minimum Education Required