124 Main Street
Raritan Headwaters (RHA) is a 501(c)(3) conservation organization dedicated to restoring and protecting water resources of the North and South Branch Raritan Region through science, education, land stewardship, preservation, and policy.
This position will primarily support the organization's Well Test Program and assist RHA’s Science Program in areas related to groundwater quality. The Well Test Associate will help protect the Raritan River region’s groundwater resources through water quality monitoring and community outreach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain regular office hours, M-F, 9am-12pm, at RHA's Flemington location
- Provide excellent customer service for program participants
- Assist at Community Well Test events, including some evenings and weekends
- Daily coordination of the Well Test Program (assembling kits, in-take of samples with payment, answering questions about the program and water quality, communicating with outside lab, etc.)
- Perform data entry and assist in preparing reports
- Presentations to community groups
Qualified applicants should either be working towards a degree or already have completed a bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science or a related field. Applicants must be organized and reliable and have a basic understanding of environmental health issues. Must work well independently and as part of a team; must demonstrate initiative. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is required, MS Access a plus. Preferred candidates should be living within commuting distance of Flemington, NJ.
This is a part-time position, 15-24 hours/week.
Full job description may be viewed at http://www.raritanheadwaters.org.
Minimum Education Required