The Development Manager supports the Development team by coordinating and executing a variety of activities that advance our fundraising goals. These include managing data that demonstrates progress towards fundraising goals, generating reports, processing donor acknowledgements, assisting with planning and executing events, providing excellent constituent service both internally and externally, and coordinating projects with other teams. The Development Manager reports to the CDO.
The Development Manager is the Administrator of the Raiser's Edge NXT CRM software system in order to maximize fundraising efforts and foster lifelong donor engagement. Working with the Development team to increase gifts to the Annual Fund; conducting prospect research and management; working with the Finance Office on gift and pledge reconciliation; coordinating mass mailings; scheduling donor visits; support in organizing and facilitating events; and communicating effectively with other departments throughout ReSurge. The Development team at ReSurge is dynamic and growing and is charged with raising the profile of, and financial support for, ReSurge’s mission of medical treatment, trainings and financial outreach programs.
The Development Manager develops, implements and manages the execution of a high quality relationship-building, fully integrated, multi-channel Revenue program, including but not limited to: strategic identification, qualification, cultivation and stewardship activities for donors and our major gift circle; solicitation of donors via direct mail, email and online; manages external vendors and internal staff who support the fundraising process throughout the year; strategic management of list segmentation using Raiser’s Edge NXT and ensures high quality record keeping; produces annual giving appeals’ analysis and reports; operates with a data-driven approach to create and adjust tactics; and generally establish creative ways to engage donors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Spearheads and serves as the Administrator of the Raiser's Edge NXT development software system to maintain data integrity and fully use the database's capabilities to maximize fundraising.
- Serves as the point person for the Development database for all data and donation-related communications.
- Manages system of digital record keeping and documentation for Development Department.
- Oversees the data migration, integration, and staff training for the transition from Constant Contact and Mail Chimp to Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Executes list segmentation for all outreach
- Prepare all direct mail, email and online solicitations—draft solicitations; working with MarCom Director, printers and mailhouses to produce and distribute materials.
- Processes all gifts and pledges in compliance with IRS and ReSurge gift reporting requirements. Tracks pledges and issues pledge reminders when needed.
- Drafts and updates all official acknowledgments within 48 hours of gift receipt.
- Prepares weekly and other custom gift reports/analysis as requested by the CDO, CEO and the Development team.
- Project manage and execute solicitation and stewardship direct mail including electronic appeals and quantitative content for annual report.
- Manages the Development Department's mailings, e-solicitations, and online fundraising processing and participates in other activities designed to boost giving.
- Project manage all digital recordkeeping in timely fashion.
- Coordinate the daily CEO thank you email process for individual gifts received, corporate, and foundations payments, to ensure timely stewardship of recent gifts by the Executive Office.
- Process weekly gifts, stock gifts, and bequest acknowledgement, ensuring that acknowledgements are accurate and sent within 48 hours of being received.
- Ensure gift accuracy on a monthly basis for reconciliation and request changes, as needed.
- Manages and tracks invitations, ticketing and registration, results, and volunteers for events.
- Conducts prospect research and creates profiles for use by the CEO, CDO and Board of Directors
- Be self-motivated to connect on-going with personal/written/phone contact for all donors/potential donors and create systems for donor recognition and stewardship.
- Develops and maintains a system to track major gift prospect activity, including all planned gift donors
- Run weekly data maintenance queries to ensure accuracy of data and complete donor records, as needed.
- Use Raiser's Edge NXT (RE) to consistently document interactions with donors in RE
- Manage 3rd party vendors on time and within budget as needed (print and mail house)
- Coordinate needs of the planned giving program, including filing necessary bequest paperwork.
- Develop specific strategies for identifying and soliciting new prospects, and be self-motivated to steward and cultivate all donors.
- Stay abreast of/research best practices in annual fundraising through active learning online and printed sources.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Strong experience and core competency with Raiser's Edge NXT essential
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced technical skills and computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, as well as experience in utilizing Adobe Photoshop for online campaign images and designs.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience with online fundraising and email marketing platforms, preferably Raiser's Edge NXT
- Strong research skills; experience with prospect research preferred, including experience with WealthEngine or similar wealth screening software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable sharing and training technical information with staff members
- Excellent organizational skills, including scheduling and managing timelines.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect an optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Committed to a donor-centric and relationship-building approach to fundraising.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to take responsibility for and follow through on projects assigned in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Big-picture oriented.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude in stressful times and safeguard confidential information.
- Donors are acknowledged accurately and on a timely basis by key staff members including CEO and CDO
- Revenue/Fundraising program is regularly assessed for performance against goals, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- All events come to fruition and run smoothly. Frontline fundraisers, Senior Staff, and Board are prepared, and timely follow ups with prospects are executed.
- Fundraising program can be quantified and assessed through accurate data uploaded and maintained in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- CEO, CDO, and Senior Leadership team members have the data they need to conduct daily business and make key decisions.
Resurge International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ReSurge maintains no affiliations with any religious or governmental based organizations.
Please send :
Resume and cover letter with subject line "Development Manager" to: email@example.com
Due to the anticipated number of applications we will not be able to reply to each applicant. We will contact you directly if we wish to invite you to continue the process.
No phone calls please.
For more information about Resurge, please visit our website at: www.resurge.org.