Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) develops community and provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ nearly 450 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 43 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for 5,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Collaboration and Equity
Under the supervision of the Associate Directors of Housing Development or Senior Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for providing administrative support and project assistance to the Associate Directors and project management staff. The position requires a responsible individual who pays careful attention to detail, has strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills, and is highly organized.
· Attend and take minutes for project meetings as requested.
· Prepare monthly development reports for the TNDC Housing Development Committee, as well as external agencies.
· Prepare organizational funding applications and monthly compliance reports.
· Assist with construction and permanent financing applications. Help package materials for funding applications, periodic and regular reports, and special requests to lenders, investors and other funders.
· Assist with community outreach duties as needed. Attend neighborhood, community, and project meetings.
· Help organize, coordinate, document and facilitate financing closings, including working due diligence checklists for multiple lenders and investors.
· Prepare monthly financing draws.
· Assist with bid and qualifications processes to select project consultants.
· Assist with entitlements, design, and permit approvals from City planning, building inspection, and other agencies.
· Assist during the construction process including processing change orders and complying with local government and lender requirements.
· Coordinate the work of housing development project teams with peers in other departments as needed during the feasibility, design, financing application, financing closing, construction, and conversion stages.
· Undertake tasks as may be assigned by the Associate Directors or Project Managers.
· Word-process, photocopy and transmit paperwork as requested.
· Research and compile project information for reporting, marketing and funding requests.
· Create and maintain centralized files for project records and project information binders.
· Coordinate logistics for special events such as groundbreakings and grand openings.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings for Associate Directors and Project Managers.
· Strong problem-solving skills and consistent attention to detail.
· Manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure for multiple team leaders.
· Work independently, able to follow directions, and effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
· Facile with information technology, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate tasks to peers and team.
· Bachelor degree in architecture, urban studies, geography, engineering, or a related field.
· High level of proficiency with Excel and Word applications.
· Familiarity with affordable housing or nonprofit sector.
· Bachelor degree plus two years experience or equivalent.
· Exposure to affordable housing development.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (August 13, 2014), all qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position.
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) develops community and provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote…
TNDC Careers - https://www.tndc.org/careers
TNDC Careers - https://www.tndc.org/careers