901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Member Services Processor (MSP). This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing and preparing of orders and correspondence to meet the needs of the membership. The MSP is responsible for editing, processing and reconciling all payments. This position reports to the Membership Database & Processing Supervisor (MDPS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes payments for license renewals, reinstatements, and donations via netFORUM.
2. Produces reports on-demand for member transactions and proactively identifies data trends and errors.
3. Processes new members to the Bar on a monthly basis and accurately enters data of new admittees received from the Committee on Admissions.
4. Accurately enters and produces reports for Pro Bono training registrations, subscriptions, annual, and winter meeting registrations.
5. Serves as the primary contact for all payment transaction inquiries to the Membership department.
6. Maintains current knowledge of department policies and procedures and consistently make recommendations to improve the member experience.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides support to the MDPS with various projects.
2. Assists the MDPS with maintaining data integrity, identifying data clean-up initiatives, and providing support with ad hoc projects.
1. An Associate’s degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to four or more years. BA/BS degree preferred.
2. Experience working in a membership association, a similar nonprofit organization, or a law office a plus.
3. Experience with an automated accounting and/or database software system required. Experience with Zendesk Ticketing system preferred.
4. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships. Must be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public, and Bar employees.
5. Must work well under pressure, have excellent organizational abilities, able toset and meet deadlines, be able to manage several priorities in a day; must be dependable, adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
6. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefit package.
This is not an attempt to list all the essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, as the Bar’s needs change.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DC Bar has an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go to our career page by following the link below and apply for this position online.