220 E 42nd St.
JDC is seeking a highly organized and efficient Marketing Coordinator. The Marketing Coordinator will ensure the smooth functioning of the Marketing department, allowing the team to better accomplish important tasks that move JDC’s global humanitarian mission forward. The Marketing Coordinator will manage the team’s marketing calendar, organize and track projects from start to finish, manage meeting logistics, handle vendor coordination, and take on other administrative responsibilities.
This role touches all facets of the marketing function, and is an excellent learning opportunity for someone relatively new to the field or to the workforce. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to move multiple projects forward in conjunction are a must.
What will you do as a Marketing Coordinator?
- Create vendor contracts in coordination with the JDC legal department and keep records
- Process Marketing department/vendor invoices
- Create and manage a forward marketing calendar for the team, identifying future marketing campaigns and activity. Organize meetings, coordinate travel as needed, and process expenses
- Manage logistics for department-wide meetings, internal JDC meetings, JDC Board meetings, and elsewhere as needed
- Handle logistics for MarCom projects.
- Liaise with partner organizations, outside consultants and other third parties to handle requests on behalf of MarCom
- Oversee and maintain the project management database/system
- Organize project kickoff meetings between internal clients and relevant Marketing staff, and track project progress from launch to completion
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
Who is the Marketing Coordinator?
- Passionate about marketing operations and eager to learn
- Enjoys juggling multiple tasks at once, skilled in time management
- Team-oriented with a customer service attitude, ready to jump in where needed and contribute to the conversation
- Highly detail-oriented, able to maintain accuracy while moving in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Creative problem-solver, process-oriented and logistically attuned
- Technically savvy, able to learn new marketing software and project management/database systems as needed
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients, staff, and vendors via phone, email, and in-person
What qualifications do you need to be our Marketing Coordinator?
- Previous administrative experience required
- Understanding of marketing through education, internships, or employment is a must
- Detail orientation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Time management skills
- Client orientation
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Outlook or Google Calendars strongly preferred
- Experience with project management tools such as BaseCamp, RoboHead, or Asana a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
What are the compensation and benefits for a Marketing Coordinator?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is non-exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Idealist, Marketing Coordinator – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.