148 West 37 Street
The Horticultural Society of New York (The Hort) is seeking an Administrative Operations Assistant who enjoys a busy mission-driven environment, can prioritize tasks as needed to meet short deadlines, works hard with a can-do attitude; is highly collegial and a team-player, and pays great attention to detail.
The Administrative Operations Assistant is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day office operations and administrative needs. The ideal candidate will have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and have previous operations experience, be well-organized, be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, and possess the ability to juggle multiple projects. This position will work directly with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Director of Finance, and department heads to develop and maintain office procedures.
I. Operations and Admin
· Ensure a clean and organized office, including supplies management, serving as the primary office contact for service providers, building staff, and other vendors
· Collaborate with executive staff to implement and develop office procedures
· Maintain personnel handbook and procedural manuals
· Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Deputy Director, including scheduling meetings, correspondence, answering general inquiry calls and emails
· Prepare outgoing mail and receive and distribute incoming mail
· Assisting staff with Board relations and preparing for Board meetings
· Support executive staff in all preparation and logistics coordination of monthly staff meetings and quarterly Board meetings
II. Human Resources
· Provide support on maintaining staff files, such as health and dental insurance, timesheets, payroll, and other human resource needs
· Ensure accurate record keeping of employee information
· Oversee the onboarding process for new hires
· Act as liaison with insurance provider
III. Finance & Budgeting
· Maintain financial records in conjunctions with bookkeeper, including making and recording deposits
· Support tracking expenses and handing receipts for executive staff
IV. Information Technology
· Ensure the functionality of all office equipment
· Act as liaison with service providers
· Excellent computer skills and ability to troubleshoot standard IT problems
· Strong ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
· Previous experience in OR a desire to enter the field(s) of operations, HR, and/or IT
· Experience developing and implementing organizational, financial, and/or human resources systems
· Interest, coursework, or experience in horticulture and gardening
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours. The Hort is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Hort offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
You can learn more about the Horticultural Society of New York at: www.thehort.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Kaitlyn Flanagan at email@example.com with "Administrative Operations Assistant" in the subject header.