Job Description: Development Associate
Overview of the Organization
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for over 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Our organizational values: Inclusive & Representative; Fair & Just; Accountable & Trusted.
The Development Associate is a key member of the New York Immigration Coalition’s Development Team. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Associate will help support critical functions of the team by supporting the management of the NYIC’s diverse institutional funding portfolio focusing on drafting reports, proposals, and letters of inquiry.
- Draft and prepare proposals, letters of inquiry, and final reports for submission, coordinating with all key programmatic staff members.
- Interface with our finance team and secure final financial documents required for all submissions.
- Ensure that all reporting deadlines are met by managing a dynamic and changing calendar noting internal and external deadlines.
- Assist in reviewing and copy editing proposals and other documents, ensuring they reflect the tone and style of the organization.
- Experience with development and administration is desired
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player and problem solver with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively with community partners
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset
Minimum Education Required