660 Main Street
ArtsWorcester seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to support bookkeeping, membership and donation record-keeping, and business operations. The Assistant reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Bookkeeper and Program Manager.
Efficiency, accuracy, and the ability to adjust to change in a fast-paced environment are required. The ideal candidate will bring a desire to learn, to take on greater responsibilities, and the initiative to make suggestions and improvements.
ArtsWorcester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a flexible and joyous work environment in the visual arts. Candidates of color are particularly encouraged to apply. In addition to the professional skills below, candidates should bring a warm, welcoming demeanor, and openness to a diverse and creative clientele.
· Maintain accuracy and consistency of donor, artist, and corporate information in a database, as well as other electronic and paper files.
· Generate a variety of acknowledgment letters and produce donor reports
· Process cash receipts, credit card sales, and check deposits
· Code, process, and record membership, donation, and program income for bookkeeper
· Prepare bank deposits, invoices, and vendor payments
· Provide reception assistance
· Other administrative tasks
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Associates degree or above
· 1-3 years’ administrative office experience
· QuickBooks OnLine
· Experience with database or customer management software
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Macintosh
· Demonstrated ability to apply the principles, methods, and best practices of accounting and record-keeping
· Accuracy, precision, and efficiency in all efforts
· Excellent organizational skills
· Punctuality and an ability to meet multiple deadlines independently
· Strong proof-reading skills
· Ability to solve technological and process problems
· Ability to produce and proof-read formal written correspondence
· Previous experience with Filemaker Pro is beneficial, but not required
Compensation: $18-22 hourly, commensurate with experience; approximately 20 hours a week. Scheduling is flexible between 9:00 and 5:00. Occasional evening and weekend events required, approximately 10 times annually. ArtsWorcester employees may (and are encouraged to) participate in regional professional development workshops and trainings.
Level of Language Proficiency
High standards of written English are required. Spanish would be a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please mail a hard-copy cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references by October 25 to
Juliet Feibel, Executive Director
660 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610