2100 Crystal Drive
NOTE: The individual selected for this role will not be directly employed by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor assigned to work on this project for PBS.
Timely promotional asset delivery to PBS member stations and digital platforms is crucial in driving audiences to our content and increasing key metrics. In order to better facilitate this distribution across PBS, Marketing operates a Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform to manage and disseminate all digital assets across all on-air, online and print channels.
The Marketing Assistant will support our Multiplatform Marketing team in daily operations related to video quality assurance, national break scheduling, and media asset management. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for maintaining the high technical and editorial standards for all on-air promotion as well as ensuring assets are pushed to our various distribution platforms in a timely manner.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Marketing and production teams by ensuring all video assets are cleared, scheduled, and distributed to all relevant PBS stakeholders.
- Download and screen on-air/online promo files from the DAM, reporting on technical and editorial issues and other potential flags to the Senior Associate, Multiplatform Marketing and Content, relevant production staff, and external producers.
- Create media inventory records for all approved on-air assets.
- Create XVID records and format breaks on the National Package Channel.
- Fulfill asset requests from stations and PBS staff, primarily through the DAM, communicating asset availability and usage.
- Assist in the creation of the bi-weekly promo reel feed for member stations.
- Manage DAM asset workflow, providing on-going Producer, Production and Strategy support.
- Validate and approve all Marketing assets in the DAM, including video, and digital media; work with internal and external producers to ensure metadata is properly entered.
- Monitor PressRoom ingestion of assets into the DAM.
- Log user and system errors; report issues to DAM and IT teams and follow-up with users.
- Support Production and Strategy on DAM usage and training, field requests and questions.
- Assist with communication, on-boarding, training and support activities for stations, internal and external producers, and other stakeholders.
Requirements for success:
- 1-2 years experience in content management, preferably media asset management and/or library services; experience working in a production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Film/TV Production, English, or related field.
- Knowledge of production-related technology for on-air, online, or print.
- Experience working with creative and technical people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with the digital media, database and content management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and orientation to details.
- Resourceful, self-directed and a flexible team player.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and requests simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Desire and hunger to understand how work in this role fits into bigger picture priorities and objectives.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience in broadcasting or public media a plus.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required