Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Impact Justice seeks a grants-focused Finance Associate who will be primarily responsible for ensuring tracking of expenses, ensuring accurate coding, processing accounts payable, organizing payroll data, and engaging in some grants management. Additional duties include reconciliations, budget preparation assistance, and supplemental requests regarding proposals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile data from the accounting system in order to assist in generating and analyzing financial reports on a monthly basis. Assist in organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Assist with payroll processing by gathering and reporting data from timekeeping system into payroll system. Responsible for maintaining and trouble shooting the timekeeping system. Other duties are registration of state accounts for remote employees, benefits coordination with human resources and payroll onboarding of new employees.
- Coordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the organization.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitoring expense to budget forecasts.
- Manage ongoing data entry for internal strategic and financial planning utilizing organization's reporting tools and other software.
- Recommend changes to financial practices, policies, and procedures as they relate to budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper grant, legal, and vendor files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong data analytic skills (Excel proficiency), Business Intelligence, and financial modeling
- Detail oriented and organized, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Integrity and professionalism
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth oriented non-profit
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- Strong customer-focus and results orientation
- Innovative and process improvement mindset
- Proficiency in Google docs and Excel desired
- Preferred 1-2 previous work experience
- Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 depending on experience.
- Work schedule: Full-time position, at 40 hours per week
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, flex plan, and 401(k)
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Flexible work environment and schedule
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to FAjob@impactjustice.org. All applications must be submitted by 3/31/18.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.