RESULTS is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Grassroots Expansion & Communications team who will contribute to the organization’s ability to recruit and engage people with firsthand poverty experience as new advocates and future leaders in our grassroots advocacy base.
RESULTS is an organization committed to ending poverty in the United States and around the world by using our voices to influence political decisions. We have helped pass legislation that has protected the health of millions of people in low-income countries and helped millions of families globally move out of extreme poverty. We also have backed policies and programs here in the United States that help people put food on the table and remain stably housed as well as tax policies that move millions of families over the poverty line.
We have done this over the last 40 years by creating a grassroots movement across the country, building strong relationships with members of Congress, engaging the media, and working with an array of partners throughout the country and around the world. We are committed to undoing systemic oppression and bringing an end to poverty such that every person has the opportunity to flourish.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Grassroots Expansion, the Senior Associate will play a leading role in our efforts to recruit and support people who have been directly impacted by RESULTS global & US poverty campaign issues to become advocates and future leaders within our grassroots base. This includes people who have experienced poverty in the US. It also includes people who have direct experience with RESULTS global poverty campaigns to improve global maternal and child health, ensure all kids have access to quality education across the world, address global malnutrition, and end diseases of poverty like AIDS, TB, and malaria.
In conjunction with other members of the Grassroots Expansion Team, the Senior Associate will ensure that the growing RESULTS network reflects diverse communities with direct connection to RESULTS US and global poverty campaigns, and that new advocates with lived poverty experience receive support, training, and opportunities to take meaningful action.
· New Advocate Recruitment, Support, and Retention
o Lead RESULTS efforts to recruit, welcome & engage new advocates with direct experience related to RESULTS global and US policy campaigns
o Collaborate with other teams to provide training & support to grassroots volunteers & RESULTS groups on creating inclusive spaces & centering the voices of people with firsthand poverty experience
o Support new advocates with firsthand poverty experience to build leadership and advocacy skills by building relationships with them & providing coaching, training, and mentoring opportunities
o Gather feedback from new advocates with firsthand poverty experience about their RESULTS experience and provide feedback and recommendations to the organization on how RESULTS can continuously improve to meet the needs of volunteers with firsthand poverty experience
· New RESULTS Group Development
o Assist in efforts to start new RESULTS chapters in key geographic areas and support advocates in RESULTS cohort programs to start RESULTS groups when they are interested (African Leadership Cohort, Experts on Poverty, BIPOC Caucus)
· New Advocate Orientation & Onboarding
o Collaborate with the Grassroots Expansion Team members on RESULTS New Advocate Orientation & onboarding content, processes, and tools to ensure they meet the needs of advocates with lived poverty experience
o Ensure new advocates with firsthand poverty experience are connected to and attending orientations and onboarding meetings.
· Organizational Support
o Support RESULTS ongoing work to become an anti-oppressive organization
o Support other organizational goals such as the RESULTS International Conference and provide occasional support to other RESULTS Expansion & Communications programs such as the RESULTS Fellowship
RESULTS is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Grassroots Expansion & Communications team who will contribute to the organization’s ability to recruit and engage people with firsthand poverty experience as new…
• For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our CareFirst reference plan, which includes medical and dental coverage.
• Coverage begins on the first day of the month following (or coinciding with) your start date.
• Employees may opt to select a plan with higher coverage by paying the difference in premiums between the reference plan and the plan they select.
Flexible Spending Accounts
• RESULTS offers flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation/parking costs to which employees may contribute with pre-tax payroll deductions.
• Employees are eligible for flexible spending accounts on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment up to the limits allowable by the IRS.
Retirement & Other Benefits
• RESULTS offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan which has both pre- and post-tax contribution options.
• Employees are eligible to enroll on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
• To enroll, an employee must designate an individual contribution (via payroll deductions) and choose from among a variety of investment options.
• In addition, RESULTS will begin making an employer match on the first day of the month following an employee’s one-year service anniversary. Under a Safe Harbor Agreement, RESULTS has agreed to match 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of salary, then match 50% on any additional contributions up to 5% of salary.
• RESULTS also offers short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage at no cost to employees. Short term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,500. Long-term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000. The life insurance benefit amount is one year’s salary up to $150,000 maximum. The effective date for this coverage is the employee’s date of hire.
• RESULTS offers generous paid annual leave earned on an accrual basis and carried forward from year-to-year but capped at the following levels: 15 days of vacation, 10 days of sick leave, and 5 days of personal leave.
• All leave (other than emergency sick leave) must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
• New employees will earn leave pro-rata based on their date of hire and may use vacation and personal leave upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
• RESULTS generally observes nine (9) official holidays each year. In addition, all offices are closed between the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays with no requirement to use annual leave.
• For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our…
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send a one page writing sample, cover letter and your resume to email@example.com subject line: “Senior Associate, Grassroots Expansion .”
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all…