4500 East West Highway
Job Title: Manager, Market Research
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Office of Marketing and Communications
Job Summary: Is accountable for carrying out an assigned ASHP work project. Has responsibility for recommending and/or selecting the most effective methods and/or protocol to use in the delivery of ASHP projects. Carries out strategic market planning, data collection and market research analysis to support ASHP marketing and business plans and strategies. Research projects include the usage of varied sources of data such as external/secondary research, environmental scans, in-depth interviewing, focus groups, surveys (primarily online) and social media listening.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines work priorities, policies and operating procedures.
- Interacts with others to advise on and/or facilitate the execution of ASHP’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives.
- Collaborates with marketing staff and other ASHP offices to engage in strategic market planning, identifying business needs and developing comprehensive research plans. Manages the research project budget and timeline to achieve project objectives.
- Drives business and marketing strategy by applying constituent and market insights based on understanding of the internal and competitive business environment, effectively leveraging all available data sources, including new and existing internal sources, syndicated sources, internal historical knowledge, and related business experience.
- Oversees the delivery of a wide array of research services including collection and analysis of external/secondary research, environmental scans, in-depth interviewing, focus groups, surveys (primarily online) and social media listening.Leads the strategic interpretation of all research results and provides recommendations to refine and improve ASHP’s ongoing marketing and business development activities.
- Leads efforts to improve data collection of demographical membership information and its integration into the ASHP membership database.Develops ASHP datasets to derive marketing research panels and case studies from ASHP membership records.
- Oversees continual improvements in procedures and methods for the research function evaluating current SOPs and recommending updated policies and procedure to ensure the quality and integrity of all ASHP research projects. Stays abreast of industry best practices and thought leadership. Recommends relevant tools and resources to optimize ASHP’s ability to deliver high quality research and analysis across multiple modes and channels.
- Oversees and administers a survey/data collection system for all ASHP and ASHP Foundation staff to conduct exclusive small-scale survey projects. This system including providing consultation and training on software usage and survey methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a degree plus a working knowledge of the theories and principles of a relevant field or discipline in pharmacy, business or association management.
- Requires a graduate or Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Marketing and/or Marketing Research; Marketing Research Industry Certification a plus.
- Requires a minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Experience working in market research and marketing is required.
- Experience in a professional society, trade association, or publishing environment preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Team orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Statistical methods and use of online survey tools (such as Qualtrics) and statistical software packages (preferably SPSS).
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power Point, in particular).
- Extensive market planning experience with a proven track record in developing and executing market research plans in support of clearly defined business needs.
- In-depth knowledge of qualitative research methodologies including demonstrated experience with focus group facilitation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website at http://ashp.balancetrak.com/ .