The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for the conceptualization, design, execution, and delivery of graphic design projects for multiple internal stakeholders to inform, promote, educate, and enhance the sharing and exchange of information between NACHC, national partners, its constituencies, and the general public.
- Contributes to NACHC communications planning and strategy by developing graphics and digital media that enhances the NACHC brand, key messages, and communicates the NACHC and Community Health Center Mission.
- Uses design software to create Web and print products including infographics, brochures, reports, posters, fact sheets, and publications.
- Meets with project leads across departments to determine graphic needs for the promotion and dissemination of information related to programs, projects, training, services, and other issues of importance and interest to NACHC constituencies and the general public.
- Prepares rough drafts and presents ideas.
- Assists in maintaining PowerPoint presentation templates for use in NACHC presentations.
- Monitors internal adherence to NACHC communications policies, publishing standards and internal/external use of NACHC brand tools (i.e., publications guidelines, logos, templates, etc.) Maintains all related files. Makes recommendations for updates/changes.
- Applies NACHC brand guidelines to ensure graphics reflect NACHC's standards and color scheme as well as have a consistent look and feel.
- Works on the branding/marketing work group.
- Creates graphics designs as needed for NACHCs social media pages and websites.
Interactive Digital Communications
- Helps in developing interactive digital media including email marketing and social media assets for official NACHC statements, press releases, podcasts, blogs and editorial content as directed.
- Other digital media duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline (preferably in graphics, marketing or digital media)
- At least 4 years work experience in graphic design including designing materials for the federal government, public health organizations or associations.
- Experience developing culturally competent communications materials.
- Experience designing materials for clinicians and health care organizations.
- Experience designing materials for low literacy audiences preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Experience working with social networking tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), video sharing/hosting sites (e.g., Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr) and video applications (e.g. Dreamweaver, Flash).
- Experience with a web content management system a plus.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details. Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines – must be well organized –attention to detail is essential.
- Must work well with others as well as independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Willingness to travel.