Details: Based on experience
District of Columbia
This position provides high-quality administrative assistance to the Executive Director, Executive Committee and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing and prioritizing in a fast-paced work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Executive Director:
· Provides the NACo Board of Directors and the Executive Committee with accurate, timely, and useful information to enable them to make decisions in the best interest of NACo.
· Assists the President-elect with the presidential committee appointments and ensures completion of the process prior to Annual Conference.
· Drafts and prepares budgets for the Executive Management department, the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee
· Monitors resources to ensure that expenses are within budget goals.
· Coordinates scheduling of officers and maintain up-to-date officer schedule.
· Maintains accurate information in database on Board members and ensures that communication with Board is timely and that they have all information necessary to conduct NACo business.
· Tracks projects/assignments given during Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, conference calls, etc. and follows-up to ensure timely completion of projects/assignments.
· Maintains Board and Executive Committee minutes.
· Coordinates and manages the Board of Directors nomination process and the Hearing on Presidential Appointments to the Board.
· Provides information to the Officers and their staff on NACo and Board policies that affect the Officers.
· Serves as NACo liaison with other public interest groups, the White House, Congress and others.
· Serves as an advance warning system for the Executive Director and Executive Committee by being aware of potential problems, conflicts, and political sensitivities and resolve prior to development into a crisis.
· Other duties as assigned.
Employees of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; tuition reimbursement; group life insurance, 401(k) match and pension plans; credit union membership; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
NACo is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must have outstanding written and verbal skills in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NACo is committed to providing excellent customer service and creating quality experiences for our stakeholders. If you are creative, energetic and passionate, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.