1227 4th Street, NE
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking a dedicated and highly organized professional to join its vibrant educational community. The Development Associate reports to the school’s Director of Development and assists with all aspects of fundraising including individual gifts, foundation relations, corporate giving, and special events. The ideal candidate will be a generalist in nature who possesses strong organizational skills and financial acumen, is comfortable with a deadline-driven workload, and is savvy on various technological platforms.
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of 800 students in preschool through eighth grade. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses Expeditionary Learning, an educational model that emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff share a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real-world experiences.
For more information about Two Rivers, please visit tworiverspcs.org and learnwithtworivers.org.
As Development Associate, you will work alongside the school’s Director of Development, Director of Foundations and Grants, Director of External Relations, and other members of the Two Rivers team to grow and expand our private fundraising program. You will assist in the implementation of existing programs - the annual fund, Beyond the Basics, federal and private foundation grants, corporate giving, and our signature Framing the Future gala - while supporting new fundraising initiatives designed to attract gifts from individuals, foundations, and companies to support the school’s annual, programmatic, and capital priorities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
Data Management & Prospect Identification (45%)
- Maintaining and utilizing the donor database (Salesforce) to support annual and major gift activity, special events, and donor relations and stewardship
- Recording, uploading, and processing all gifts and pledges to the school
- Generating timely acknowledgment letters, weekly transmittal reports, and regular reports designed to track activity and maximize fundraising results
- Working with the Finance Office to complete annual, quarterly, and monthly financial reconciliations
- Supporting fundraising activities and new prospect identification through fulfillment of information requests, basic prospect research, and the development of briefing papers, profiles, biographical sketches, and other research documents to assist the development team, the Director of External Relations, the Executive Director, and members of the Board of Trustees
Event Planning & Individual Funder Engagement (40%)
- Supporting the school’s Framing the Future Gala committee providing regular assistance, event preparation, day-of management, and follow-through to ensure the continued success and growth of this annual fundraising event
- Working with school leaders and staff to coordinate and schedule group and individual requests for school tours and visits as cultivation opportunities
- Managing donor stewardship programs including drafting personalize impact reports; developing and creating content for the bi-monthly e-newsletter, The Current; and drafting and collecting timely thank you notes from various internal teams
- Managing development mailings and special fundraising projects such as the annual fund campaign, annual reports, phone-a-thons, and online giving
Administrative Support (15%)
- Supporting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to federal, private foundation, and corporate sources including, but not limited to: drafting input for grant applications; liaising among program and finance teams to develop program elements and grant budgets; updating grant deliverables calendar and donor management system; serving as lead on audits for federal programmatic grants; and collecting performance and financial data for grant reporting and compliance
- Managing and responding to all emails that come to the email@example.com email account in a professional and timely manner
- Performing general administrative assistance tasks and activities, including copying, filing, preparing check requests and expense reports, arranging meetings, taking minutes, and editing & proofing
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of administrative or management experience is required
- Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university is desired
- Experience with and understanding of the culture of a school, nonprofit organization, and the needs of parents, board members, and others as constituents is desired
- Experience with information management and relationship development systems is required; a working knowledge of Salesforce or similar software is desired
- Proven experience in budget and fiscal management
- Exceptional project management skills, including designing, implementing, and tracking multiple campaigns and programs
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Unwavering belief in the mission of Two Rivers Public Charter School
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends when/as necessary
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive package of benefits.
Minimum Education Required