Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Manager, in this new role, serves as a content specialist and will develop Women Deliver’s advocacy materials with a special focus on SRHR, contraception, economic empowerment, access to land rights, nutrition; including reports, fact sheets and scorecards. The Manager will utilize data from partners and colleagues and best practices from the field. The Manager reports to the Director, Policy & Advocacy and manages the Associate, Policy & Advocacy.
- Monitoring and helping to shape the evolving policy narratives and calls to action around the special focus policy issues
- Working with partners (including think tanks and technical agencies) that produce data on the special focus policy issues to advance the data agenda and communicating the evidence; developing new policy calls to action
- Supporting the roll out of the new Global Abortion Policies Database and developing the corresponding guidance
- Supporting Equal Measures 2030
- Coordinating the development of the advocacy materials and training materials for boot camps and the WD2019 conference; including relevant background papers
- Developing the materials and mechanisms for the capacity building of parliamentarians, ministers, media (in coordination with the Communications team) and other advocates to take the form of policy dialogues on the margins of major gatherings like the World Bank meetings, the African Union Summit
- Working with the thematic leads supporting the 12 investment areas on the Women Deliver and the Deliver for Good Team to make sure the latest evidence and trends are reflected in Women Deliver products and reviews of consultations (reviewing relevant gender strategies, policy statements)
- Drafting policy statements and editorial content for Women Deliver to help advance and respond to policy moments on the issues relevant
- Developing capacity building around the investment case, gender policy analyses, gender budget analysis
- Supporting the development of calls for papers and proposals from peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- Supporting Women Deliver’s President and Director of Policy and Advocacy on the advisory role to key decision makers
- Participating in the EM 2030 Data Work Group
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required in related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies, political science or human rights; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in an NGO, UN agency, or similar organization.
- Expertise in maternal health, SRHR and/or international development with an emphasis on girls and women.
- Human rights expertise and experience preferred.
- Data analysis and/or statistical modeling experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse cultures on global health or international development campaigns, programs or initiatives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project coordination skills.
- Adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations and other external written materials.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistently delivering excellent-quality work.
- Experience with advocacy and communications campaigns, monitoring and evaluation techniques a plus, but not required.
- Experience work on communications and advocacy campaigns in a developing country context, a plus.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects.
- Experience translating dense research materials and technical content into material for broader audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
- Must be eligible work in the United States without sponsorship.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org