354 Pine Street, Suite 700
Zoo Labs, a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, is an Oakland based nonprofit artist business accelerator. We help independent musicians design businesses and build capacity as entrepreneurs.
We are seeking an intuitive, experienced fundraising professional with a passion for music to join our growing organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts including individual, corporate and institutional fundraising. This position requires a self-starter with high flexibility and excellent relationship management skills. As a new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
● Develop and execute Zoo Labs' annual fundraising plan
● Creating and executing a strategy to secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
● Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
● Create and manage systems and best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising, including: CRM, data organization, tracking of gifts and pledges, gift acknowledgements
● Overseeing organization of special events
● Prepare and manage monthly development updates and fundraising budget.
● With the Executive Director, build a culture of giving within the organization, advisory board, and community.
● Help articulate the mission, vision, impact and need of the organization to various audiences for annual appeals, donor reports and proposals
● Work with Program Director to complete accurate evaluations of programs and share key information with relevant donors.
● BA (required), MA (a plus)
● Five-plus years experience as a development professional
● Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
● Strong Experience with of HubSpot, Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or similar CRM.
● Experience and excellence in all aspects of annual and program specific giving including direct response, personal solicitation, managing donor stewardship programs and working in collaboration with program and communications staff
● A growth mindset, a drive for excellence, and a warm and friendly demeanor. An individual who finds our mission resonant and motivating.
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation & paid holidays. The salary for this position is dependent upon experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to email@example.com