Bellwether is the largest private nonprofit owner and operator of affordable housing in the Seattle area and employs over 120 people. We accomplish our mission –creating stable communities and access to opportunity through affordable housing – through three primary activities: developing and managing affordable housing for people with limited incomes across the greater Puget Sound, coordinating social and health services for our more vulnerable tenants, and advocating for resources to increase housing affordability throughout our region.
We are currently looking for a Site Manager III to oversee our Cambridge Apartments, a 157-unit property located in the First Hill neighborhood. It is currently in the final stages of a complete building rehab and needing to lease up unoccupied units. Bellwether offers a dynamic and uplifting work culture along with great benefits and competitive pay! Come join a team that is making a significant difference in our community!
- Oversee all aspects of managing building, promoting a “sense of community” among residents with activities and services, working to solve problems and facilitate a responsible and positive community.
- Complete leasing and move in tasks in accordance with Bellwether policies.
- Utilizing property management software, collect rent and monitor resident accounts.
- Complete initial and ongoing certification of residents as prescribed by Bellwether procedures.
- Supervise Facilities Associate, providing direction and oversight for building and unit maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with the Maintenance Department to coordinate work orders, preventative maintenance, and unit turnover.
- Act as liaison to agencies providing referrals and case management to the residents
- 3+ years prior apartment management or leasing experience in the property management industry. Equivalent education/experience may substitute for stated requirements. High school diploma or GED (equivalent education and experience may be substituted for the stated requirements).
- Exceptional customer service aptitude, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to both internal and external customer requests.
- Experience in Fair Housing and local Landlord Tenant Law.
- Dependable, highly motivated and organized individual, skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude a must.
- Experiencing working with Microsoft Office user applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and Advanced training workshops
- Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
- Experience working with AMSI/eSite or equivalent property management software.
Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F, flexible work schedule,
Compensation: $23.00-$26.00 per hour, benefits
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits
Minimum Education Required