1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services and policy researchers, is currently seeking an Associate to manage the day-to-day operations of the HSRProj (Health Services Research Projects-in-Progress) program, including outreach and marketing to build the community of users familiar with HSRProj and National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources, in addition to project management, and analytic activities. HSRProj, funded by the NLM, is an online database that provides information about recently funded health services research (HSR) grants and contracts. Working closely with the project manager and principal investigator, the HSRProj Associate will ensure that this valuable resource is up-to-date, relevant, and useful for users, including health policymakers, researchers, and funders of health services research.
The HSRProj Associate will establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with the NLM project officer, our colleagues working on HSRProj at the University of North Carolina, the HSR Information Advisory Committee, and with contributors and users of HSRProj. Outreach and marketing activities will include presentations and the use of social media. The HSRProj Associate will conduct independent analyses of HSRProj data and develop partnerships with relevant organizations. The HSRProj Associate will produce research reports and white papers on current research in the field of HSR, and conduct educational activities to educate the field about HSRProj and NLM resources. The incumbent will assist with other major research programs and projects of AcademyHealth as needed.
- Soliciting research projects for inclusion in HSRProj, through the drafting of written solicitation materials and ongoing phone and e-mail contact with funders of health services research.
- Working with the project manager to promote and market the HSRProj database to potential users.
- Attending meetings and conferences to disseminate information on HSRProj and NLM resources.
- Assisting the program manager with drafting of HSRProj educational and promotional materials including, but not limited to AcademyHealth publications, HSRProj brochures and fact sheets, an annual webinar, and content for the HSRProj web site.
- Facilitating an annual HSRProj research competition for students.
- Coordinating data entry with HSRProj partners at the University of North Carolina.
- Assisting the HSRProj project manager in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
- Querying the HSRProj database on various topics in health services research.
- Providing technical and searching assistance to those using the HSRProj database.
- Partnering with external organizations and researchers to conduct analysis of HSRProj.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of professional development projects that advance the frontiers of methods used in health services research.
- Preparing quarterly reports.
- Drafting annual reports for submission to the NLM.
- Masters degree in library science, public policy or public health is preferred.
- Two to three years of solid substantive work experience, preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Demonstrated experience with research databases and analysis.
- Professional interest in health policy and health services research topics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with data analysis software, such as NVivo.
- Familiarity with data visualization.
- Mature, adaptable, resourceful, detail-oriented individual able to work independently and with a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverable timelines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to promote and market HSRProj to potential contributors and users by phone and through written products.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with emails and phone numbers) to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth,
1666 K Street NW ,Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.