The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC), the country’s first local green bank, is a non-profit specialty financier of projects that save energy and reduce greenhouse gases. NYCEEC’s team is passionate about its mission to deliver financing solutions and advance markets for energy efficiency and clean energy in buildings. For more information: https://nyceec.com.
NYCEEC is seeking a resourceful, conscientious Associate to join our team, providing support to NYCEEC’s programs and operations, and playing an important role in NYCEEC’s work of advancing the clean energy economy.
Reporting to NYCEEC Senior Staff and working closely with other members of the NYCEEC team, the Associate will play a significant role in NYCEEC’s work, including administration of New York City’s Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. For information about the PACE authorizing legislation: https://be-exchange.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/20190930-LL96-PACE-FAQ.pdf.
The NYCEEC team is presently working remotely but, generally, the Associate will work in NYCEEC’s office in midtown Manhattan, with some flexibility for remote work possible.
· Provide administrative support in managing a pipeline of prospective clean energy building projects, primarily using Salesforce
· Develop and produce briefing documents, and presentation materials to summarize and communicate findings and considerations to NYCEEC Senior Staff in support of existing and potential partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
· Develop and maintain project plans and documents, coordinating project elements, identifying potential obstacles, and working with NYCEEC team members to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
· Conduct research and provide analytical assistance including qualitative and quantitative data analysis/financial modeling to support NYCEEC’s work on existing and new projects
· Participate in drafting and editing grant/project proposals and grant reports
· Maintain familiarity with NYCEEC projects, and the ecosystem in which NYCEEC operates; stay abreast of developments relevant to clean energy/energy efficiency finance and public policy
· Provide general support for NYCEEC’s operations and special projects as required
· An interest in NYCEEC’s mission and the transition to a clean energy economy
· A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience (e.g., business, public administration, public policy, accounting, finance, or related field)
· Superior attention to detail; proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize a variety of inputs from different stakeholders into compelling written materials
· Data analysis / financial modeling skills are a plus, as is experience with Salesforce or other customer/constituent relationship management (CRM) platforms
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat
Skills and Attributes
· Exceptional judgment; discretion when handling sensitive or confidential matters
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and execute tasks under tight deadlines
· Strong communication and writing skills
· Effective research skills
· Interest in public policy, environmental sustainability
· Ability to thrive in an evolving environment, and to work independently as well as collaboratively, navigating a diversity of working styles and personality types
Please note that this position description contains a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for the position. It is not exhaustive, and does not represent a contract for employment. NYCEEC reserves the right to modify the position description at any time.
New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will work to ensure that our staff and board reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, and give members of our own organization and groups that we serve opportunities to have their voices heard. We will strive to collaborate with the stakeholder groups where we do business.
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC), the country’s first local green bank, is a non-profit specialty financier of projects that save energy and reduce greenhouse gases. NYCEEC’s team is passionate about its…
NYCEEC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 10 paid holidays, paid time off / paid sick leave for full-time employees (starting at up to four weeks each year and increases based on years of service), medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) plan with NYCEEC matching employer contributions.
NYCEEC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 10 paid holidays, paid time off / paid sick leave for full-time employees (starting at up to four weeks each…
Qualified candidates may apply for this position here: https://nyceec.applytojob.com/apply/5YKQEj36AS/Associate?source=Idealist. Please include a cover letter telling us how you learned of this position, why you are interested in becoming an Associate at NYCEEC, and what makes you a great candidate for this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend applying early. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruiters, or search firms, please.
Qualified candidates may apply for this position here: https://nyceec.applytojob.com/apply/5YKQEj36AS/Associate?source=Idealist. Please include a cover letter telling us how you…