Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is a community of funders committed to transforming philanthropic culture and practice by connecting members to the resources and relationships needed to support thriving nonprofits and communities. We envision courageous grantmakers working in service of nonprofits and communities to create a just, connected and inclusive society where we can all thrive. With more than 6,000 grantmakers who belong to philanthropic organizations of all sizes and types across the globe, we work to lift up the grantmaking practices that matter most to nonprofits and that truly improve philanthropic practice. Join us to create a greater impact for these communities by helping grantmakers grow along with the nonprofits they serve.
The Development Specialist plays a key role on GEO’s revenue team supporting fundraising to support the organization’s operations. Reporting to the Director of Membership and Development, the specialist is responsible for executing GEO’s fundraising strategy and reaching annual revenue goals, approximately $6 million annually, with a focus on grants and sponsorships. The specialist will manage GEO’s portfolio of grants and sponsorships, draft proposals and language for fundraising collateral, and implement strategies for long-term donor engagement and revenue sustainability. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, service-oriented, and exhibits strong project management skills. The development specialist will report to the Director of Membership and Development and is a member of a 3-person fundraising team.
· Drafted a compelling three-page proposal for general grant support of $30,000
· Co-led a meeting with the Conference Planning Team to ensure all sponsors receive proper acknowledgment and recognition
· Met with a member of the Program Team to gather information about programmatic activities, challenges, and success that can be used in grant reports
· Prepared a summary report of grant activity to be included in the monthly development report shared with Senior Team
· Attended a weekly check in with your supervisor
· Participated in and recorded notes during a funder update call; entered meeting notes in Salesforce.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years of grant writing and fundraising experience for nonprofit organizations
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with commitment to a high level of customer service
· Experience with database management; Salesforce preferred
· Knowledge of fundraising best practices; ability to translate data/metrics into strategy and tactics
· Ability to manage multiple priorities with flexibility and effective project management
· Willingness to support an organization in the midst of transformation to center racial equity in its culture, practices and work
· Knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit effectiveness is a plus
· Passion for GEO’s mission and vision to improve philanthropic culture and practice
Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is a community of funders committed to transforming philanthropic culture and practice by connecting members to the resources and relationships needed to support thriving…
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will not consider applications without a cover letter. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· Tell us about your greatest fundraising achievement.
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?
We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Note: Our team has gone full-time remote in light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. For the time being, we will be conducting the hiring process virtually.
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will not…