Part-Time Human Resources/ Business Affairs Assistant
Corlears School, a small New York City independent school located in the lively Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, is currently looking to fill an opening for our Human Resources/Business Affairs Assistant position
Business Office: Key Responsibilities
Reporting to Robert Fantauzzi, Director, Business & Finance
- Open incoming mail. Sort by invoices, payments, and other notices.
- Managing Personnel records.
- Initiate new employee files: Summer employees, new Teachers, termination, resignations.
- Initiate employee document tracking for current and new 2s teaching staff. Monitor compliance with DOHMH personnel guidelines.
- Manage SCR form process for DOH: login, input new employees, etc.
- Health insurance enrollments: forms, match to monthly invoices.
- I-9 documentation collection.
- Assisting new employees w/ DOI Fingerprint coordination: forms for employees, appointments.
- Matching purchase orders with received bills and tracking down non-submitted purchase orders and receipts to employees.
- Filing accounts payable to folders.
- Tracking credit card statements and tracking down non-submitted purchase orders and receipts to employees.
- Matching bills with processed checks and preparing for mailing. Directing dual signed checks, tracking 2nd signature, then mailing.
- Place paid invoices in alpha files.
- Responding to Vendor's questions & calls.
- Support Business Director with Trustee tasks as follows:
a. For Trustees Governance committee; Maintain printed copies of Board of Trustees Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest statements.
b. Assist in maintenance of Trustee Meeting minutes and agendas.
- Assist Director of Business with annual audit process: search for requested documentation in files, with other employees, and vendors.
- Deliver cash deposits to HSBC Bank as needed.
Minimum Education Required