Peekskill Poughkeepsie Kingston Newburgh
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (LSHV) has immediate openings for paralegals in our Peekskill, Poughkeepsie, Kingston and Newburgh, NY offices. The positions are in support of staff attorneys representing crime victims in Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster and Orange and Sullivan Counties. The Poughkeepsie position is located off-site in a partner agency’s office in Poughkeepsie. The duties include screening, intake, provision of technical, legal, investigative and research support, including writing. Provision of legal advice and some case handling under the supervision of an attorney may be required. The person hired will also be expected to adhere to program and case handling standards, funder requirements, and the highest professional standards. Furthermore, the ability to travel to various outreach locations in the respective Counties is also expected.
• Experience and competency with Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and ability to input data efficiently into database;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Driver’s license and transportation (e.g. car).
Preferred: • Four-year degree; • Paralegal Certificate
• Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income persons with prior experience in legal services or similar program;
• English/Spanish bilingual
Salary: DOE, competitive union scale, with excellent benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vistion, LIfe Insurance, 403(b), Pension Plan, Transit benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Preferred English/Spanish Blingual
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by following the link below and include a cover letter, resume and three references. You will be asked to indicate which location(s) you are interested in in the application: