446 West 33rd Street
Under the supervision of the Transitional Care Coordinator the Outreach Specialist will work with clients to address barriers around maintaining housing, medical care and self-sufficiency. The goal of the team is to connect clients to medical care, HIV testing, housing resources and various support services, thus providing a continuity of care. The Outreach Specialist will identify and target specific areas and populations and conduct outreach in venues where homeless and unstably housed clients reside.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Accompanies clients to primary care appointments and to other health care and social service encounters, as warranted
- Conduct and document client outreach services
- Develop clearly defined goals and action steps necessary to execute and support service plans
- Accompany clients to appointments
- Provide coaching and one on one health promotions to clients
- Deliver clinic-based and field health education encounters
- Coordinate logistics for plan- reminders, transportation and child care arrangements
- Coordinate services with internal and external providers
- Refer clients to housing resources
- Record all client and related interactions in database to meet contract deliverables
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- CQI Projects, Dashboard Management and Special Projects as assigned
- Internal and external committee membership and participation
- Supervisory coverage for other Coordinated Care Supervisors
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School Diploma or its educational equivalence
- Proven experience working with individuals with HIV/AIDS, chronic illnesses, other disabilities, healthcare delivery, and/or benefits and entitlements preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, superior oral and written communication skills and data entry skills are required
- Ability to multi-task in a faced-paced, outcomes oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, which includes: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interface with clients, GMHC staff and external partners.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS related issues including, but not limited to: HIV counseling and testing, HIV confidentiality, Harm Reduction, and risk-reduction.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required