The responsibilities of the Administrative Specialist (AS) will be to support the operational, administrative, logistical, financial, and communication aspects of the Forage Center. The AS will work directly with the president and others the president designates to contribute to the mission of the Forage Center. It is anticipated that the candidate would work 3-5 hours per week, with some increase during times of in-person programming. This will be remote position until at least late summer 2021. Specific tasks include:
- Maintain and manage the Forage Center Google drive and associated documents (5%)
- Update and manage the website (20%)
- Update social media platforms weekly (15%)
- Attend weekly a meeting (virtual) with the Forage Center president (10%)
- Provide technical and management support and assistance (10%)
- Respond to inquiries regarding Forage Center services (15%)
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the president (25%)
- Support board members and staff members (as designated by the president) including the treasurer, director of education and training, and director of marketing and communications
- Research organizations and groups that would be useful for purposes of outreach
- Maintain database of contacts, networks, alumni, and “friends” of the Forage Center
- Create an alumni database and communications effort
- Research financial resources (grants) and opportunities for the Forage Center
- Provide technical and management support for webinars, including creating promotional material, posting on social medial, assisting with registration, and helping when technical concerns arise
- Provide logistical support for on-site/face to face program at the Forage Center training site in Swanton, MD
- Draft quarterly Forage Center newsletter
- Attend and take notes at board of directors meetings (4 times per year)
- Providing technical and management support and assistance for field programs
- Handle enrollment for programs (both virtual and in person programs)
- Create promotional material
- Coordinate staff arrival
- Supervise volunteers
Essential Skills & Experience
- Moderate proficiency with maintaining a website through a webhost
- Preferred experience with Wix
- Advanced proficiency with posting on social media platforms
- Preferred experience with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Advanced proficiency with maintaining a digital database
- Preferred experience with Google Suite
- Basic proficiency with graphic design sufficient to make simple graphics and icons
Preferred experience with Canva or Adobe.
- Basic proficiency with video editing
- Preferred experience with YouTube
- Moderate proficiency with online marketing and correspondence.
- Preferred experience with Constant Contact
- Advanced writing skills sufficient for drafting documents and editing.
- Advanced event planning skills
- Preferred experience organizing real-world events and with Zoom
- Communication, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and support and/or complete multiple tasks at one time.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
A college degree (associate or bachelor's) is preferred but not required. An interest in emergency management, humanitarian training, or peacebuilding activities is desirable. A candidate living in the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia) is preferred.