District of Columbia
ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian Public Charter School is located in the Nation’s Capital. We are a rigorous PreK - 8th grade school, which academically and socially prepares its diverse student population to be successful in an increasingly global and technology based society. We aim to do this by creating a secure high energy and hands on environment where students can be excited about the learning process. Our goals are to provide a thorough foundation of knowledge and create a lifelong love of learning.
For additional information about Meridian PCS visit mpcs-dc.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- The position is a full time, salaried, 12-month position. The Student Records Coordinator is responsible for organizing and supporting activities that facilitate the accuracy of Meridian’s student files, information, and records. This person plays an integral role in student enrollment, data/records requests, report cards, and attendance processes. Primary job duties include, but are not limited to the following:Accurate maintenance of both hard copy and electronic student files and documentation therein;
- Management of student registration, enrollment and residency verification processes;
- Managing processes for student documentation collection;
- Coordinating with families and other approved DC entities to fulfill records requests;
- Support of student attendance documentation and meetings;
- Administrative support to Data Manager and Manager of School, Family and Community Engagement.
- Student Files and Document MaintenanceMaintains records and generates reports, as requested by School personnel;
- Enters and maintains student information for new, current and former students in the student information system accurately and timely (PowerSchool);
- Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness, in conformance with established standards and procedures in student information system;
- Able to read error reports and subsequently correct any validation errors;
- Coordinates with families and school stakeholders to collect any missing documentation;
- Prepares and maintains cumulative records;
- Prepares and maintains student progress reports and student report cards;
- Maintains records in accordance with local, state federal and Meridian policies and procedures;
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student information;
- Implement data management techniques and methods to ensure consistent program quality.
- Student Registration, Enrollment & ResidencyManages student registration and lottery/wait list systems (InfoSnap, MySchoolDC)
- Maintains enrollment and registration tracker;
- Monitors progress to enrollment targets;
- Enters appropriate enrollment, withdrawal, and transfer data into student information system;
- Securely maintains all appropriate enrollment, transfer, and withdrawal documentation;
- Provides information, prepares correspondences and related matters, prepares and maintains files and records, and completes all necessary steps associated with student registration and withdrawal;
- Collects, verifies, and maintains DC Residency documentation for all Meridian students.
- Coordination to Fulfill Data RequestsSupports internal data and report requests;
- Assists teachers, parents and students with student registration and withdrawals;
- Requests student records, as needed;
- Prepares and sends student records to schools for transfer students following guidelines.
- Student AttendanceSupports mandated attendance monitoring and reporting;
- Maintains attendance meeting documentation;
- Conducts legally required CFSA reporting for chronically truant students;
- Assist in communication and outreach to students and families regarding student attendance issues.
- Administrative SupportSupports Data Manager in collecting and maintaining accurate student data;
- Supports Data Manager in planning for local interim/diagnostic testing and required annual state testing;
- Supports state test security requirements during annual state testing;
- Supports Manager of School, Family and Community Engagement in building strong relationships with families and stakeholders;
- Supports Manager of School, Family and Community Engagement in all recruitment and enrollment activities;
- Handles a variety of routine technical and administrative required responsibilities.
- Other DutiesOperates standard office equipment to include, computers, copiers, etc.;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Complies with and supports school and local/State regulations and policies;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Performs related tasks as assigned by school leadership in accordance with the school/policies and practices;
- Attends required training to stay current with changes in data systems and requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Required Knowledge and SkillsKnowledge of and/or ability to learn electronic information and document retention systems (PowerSchool experience strongly preferred);
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs;
- Ability to accurately manipulate spreadsheets and .csv files;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proactive, with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines at the same time
- Ability and willingness to bring a problem-solving approach to projects and issues;
- Ability to think critically and independently about projects and issues, and to propose thoughtful solutions;
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with various constituencies and to work comfortably with a variety of staff at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn applicable Meridian Public Charter School and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:Associate’s degree or commensurate experience required; Bachelor’s degree and experience in schools are strongly preferred.
- Ideal candidates will be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check;
- May be required to work outside normal working hours on occasion;
- Verbal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound;
- Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work;
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.
Minimum Education Required