AmeriCorps Position – Program Associate - Housing and Meals Provided
- Job posted by Mother Caroline Academy and Education Center
515 Blue Hill Ave
For the 2018-2019 school year, we are looking for dynamic and motivated college graduates to support our students’ success who demonstrate a passion for children and urban education. Live in Boston with housing and food provided as well as a monthly stipend in addition to the AmeriCorps grant.
Mother Caroline Academy (MCA) is a private, tuition free school for girls in grades 4-8 from limited financial means. It serves girls of all faiths, races and cultures from Boston neighborhoods. The mission of the school is to provide a high-quality education that develops the individual gifts of each student and prepares her for success in competitive secondary schools and college. Rooted in the Catholic tradition, that recognizes the dignity of each person, the Academy emphasizes the importance of scholarship, leadership, spiritual, and social development.
AmeriCorps Program Associate Job Description:
The Program Associate’s primary role is to support student development and academic success both inside and outside of the classroom. Responsibilities include:
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering daily lessons
- Assist teacher in preparing progress reports; administering assessments, and creating portfolios.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring to students as well as small group instruction
- Home room advising
- Design and offer after school programs for students (3:30-4:45)
- Attend staff meetings
- Act as a mentor in building meaningful relationships with students
- Supervise students during guest speakers, lunch, recess, field trips, evening study, etc.
Much of MCA students’ success reflects the quality of relationships that faculty and AmeriCorps Associates develop with individual students and their families.
Comp and Benefits:
· Housing is provided on MCA’s 4th floor that includes shared living space, fully equipped kitchen and dining area, and private bedrooms.
· Funding for food purchased through Stop and Shop and delivered to the residence.
· Stipend of $400 a month ($500 a month for second year AmeriCorps)
· Full health and dental insurance (through AmeriCorps)
· Participation in all school-based professional development programs
· AmeriCorps Service Award (approximately $5700 for 2018-2019) available annually dependent upon successful completion of required hours
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Uche Egbuchulam, Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center, 515 Blue Hill Avenue, Dorchester, MA 02121 or firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving your information, you will be contacted about next steps.