Cambridge Insight Meditation Center
The Cambridge Insight Meditation Center (CIMC) was established in 1985 as a non-profit, nonresidential, center for the practice of insight meditation. Located in the heart of Cambridge, CIMC offers a robust schedule of daytime, evening and weekend programs. Click here for more information about CIMC.
CIMC seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the smooth running of all our programs and to work with CIMC volunteers. We are looking for a detailed-oriented candidate with both strong administrative skills and exceptional communication and people skills (phone, email, and in person). The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic small-office environment and has a strong desire to learn. She/he is adept at establishing and maintaining positive working relationships and excels working both independently and as part of a collaborative team, and responds to change with flexibility and good humor.
Qualified applicants will have 2+ years of experience working in an administrative role for a non-profit, or similar organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in meditation.
Program Support: Responsible for program logistics to ensure CIMC programs and events run smoothly.
- Prepare program information and changes for upload to our website and CRM system
- Collaborate with the Program and Volunteer Coordinator and Executive Director on effective program promotion
- Manage logistics for visiting teachers
- Provide back-up for program check-in and registration, as needed
- May represent CIMC at programs
Volunteer Support: Collaborate with the Program and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that CIMC’s extensive volunteer program is well-run, effective and supported.
- Prepare program materials for volunteers
- Assist with volunteer scheduling and troubleshooting
- Assist with new volunteer recruitment and training
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events
- General volunteer communication as needed
Communications and Other Support
- Staff CIMC’s evening office hours two nights per week
- Draft, review, edit and/or proofread printed documents and online newsletters
- Enter and edit data
- Answer phones
- General administrative support
- Other tasks as needed to support the overall running of the Center
Qualifications, Qualities, Experience
- Minimum 2 years of comparable experience as a program or administrative assistant, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy: proficiency in MS Office, WordPress and familiarity with publishing software applications. Experience working with Salesforce, Constant Contact and InDesign is a plus.
- An aptitude for managing details, flexible and willing to learn
- Flexible and proactive with a good sense of humor and “can-do” attitude
- Organized, poised under pressure, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Reliable team-player who also enjoys working independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Discretion and commitment to confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate
CIMC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position (37.5 hours per week) based in Cambridge, MA. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. For those who meet the position requirements, the salary range is $38,000 - $41,000. Benefits include employer paid health insurance, generous paid time off, free registration at all CIMC programs and contributory 403B Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
English -- fluent
Minimum Education Required