253 West 35 St 4th floor
The Accounting Manager assists the Controller with the financial affairs of the organization and is primarily responsible for the production and analysis of internal and external financial reports. Accounting Manager will also ensure the maintenance and analysis of the underlying general ledgers. The incumbent in this position will report to the Controller and regularly interact with all levels of FJC staff and must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Controller’s review and for distribution to senior management and finance committee.
- Play key role in preparing the organization’s operating annual budget and midyear projections.
- Responsible for production of financial reports related to program grants, including interim and final Budget vs Actual reports, for submission to various supporting foundations.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of an internal grant reporting system to keep all program mangers informed of their budget spending on a monthly basis. Will work closely with all program staff, especially program managers.
- In conjunction with the Controller and Senior Accountant, prepare for yearly audit. Work with auditors during fieldwork to ensure efficient and accurate audit.
- Prepare work papers required for the audited financial statements and supporting note disclosures for review and analysis by the Controller.
- Assist in preparation of tax forms 990, 990-T and other IRS and state tax forms.
- Examine systems at a transactional level and recommend improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy; assist in implementation of management’s ultimate recommendations
- Keep Chart of Accounts and Accounting Manual up to date; maintain accuracy of the monthly general ledger
- Provide backup for Senior Accountant and occasionally for Office Manager.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Controller and COO.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in audit and accounting with a concentration in non-profit accounting. CPA license is a plus.
- Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting.
- Team player with strong communication skills able to work with groups and individuals to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must have a positive attitude, be energetic and friendly.
- Proven organizational skills with extremely strong attention to all details.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining quality standard.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel) with working knowledge of pivot tables and functions. QuickBooks Online experience is preferred.
- Passion for and commitment to FJC’s mission and values.
Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, FSA, Transit, 401k, Life Insurance, LTD, Jewish and National Holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Include [Accounting Manager, YOUR NAME] in the subject line