After 30 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging more than $500 million in community investment.
The purpose of the Government Relations department is to manage all governmental relationships including sourcing, compliance, reporting, and vouchering for all contracts with a public-sector agency.
General Job Description
In support of its mission, The Resurrection Project seeks a Compliance Specialist for relief funding due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Compliance Specialist is responsible for the review and handling of all approved grant applications, processing for accuracy and creating program reports for the agency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee processing and ensure that all applications adhere to requirements.
- Timely and quality production of program and compliance reports.
- Timely follow-up with accurate tracking of all communication through CRM platform.
- Assist Director of Public Funding and Partnerships in performing compliance audits.
- Professional written and verbal communication with applicants and residents alike.
- Effective, accurate and consistent execution of day-to-day responsibilities
- Active participation in required staff meetings and programs
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings. This includes conferences, meetings, and trainings across the city, region, and country.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and three years’ experience in housing counseling, community development, or related field.
- Background in government and contract management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Internet required; Smartsheet preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, problem solve, and be persistent.
- Adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Attention to details.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
Willingness to work flexible hours as needed and evenings.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- housing couseling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Community Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- government contracts: 3 years (Preferred)
- Smartsheet: 3 years (Preferred)
- Communication skills: 3 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place