651 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
TCS’ communications department is looking for a temporary part-time employee to assist with clean-up, data entry, updating, tagging, and archival of press clips and media coverage.
This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in learning about or working in an office that focused on policy, media, government, and the issues TCS covers extensively (federal budget and tax policy, national security, agriculture, trade, energy and natural resources, and infrastructure). You don’t have to be an expert in any of the above, but being interested and recognizing news while it’s happening is extremely helpful.
- Collate and dedupe spreadsheets of between 1000 and 1200 entries.
- Clean up and replace bad links
- Integrate old spreadsheets with most currently used spreadsheets
- Take PDFs of every remaining entry’s content online and file under determined protocol
- Read and tag entries as needed
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Strong communications skills – written and oral
- Comfortable, or self-starter, with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel)
- Able to work 5 to 8 hours, between 10 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Minimum Education Required