PURPOSE OF ROLE: To increase the visibility and impact of Mentor Together’s work nationally and internationally, by planning, developing and implementing marketing, communications and public relations activities.
EXPERIENCE: Between 4-6 years of full-time experience driving marketing and communications verticals or projects, in the non-profit space.
20% Communications strategy:
- Work with the leadership team to develop and deliver Mentor Together’s communications strategy, with a focus on increasing the visibility of Mentor Together’s work, popularising the concept of mentoring, and increasing the scope of Mentor Together’s programmes.
- Coordinate with internal team members to deliver this strategy.
- Manage and grow the Mentor Together brand, ensuring consistency of communications across all platforms.
30% Content management
- Prepare and manage key communications collateral for the organisation - e.g. website, annual report, organisation presentation, flyers, brochures etc.
- Manage Mentor Together’s digital presence, including website and social media, and engage with online community.
- Work with designers, technology partners and other content partners to ensure delivery of high quality content.
15% Mentor and mentee community management:
- Plan campaigns for mentor recruitment across social media, and targeted communication channels with Corporate partners
- Set up sponsored campaigns for mentor recruitment, to test out different strategies of recruitment
- Work with designers to create communication collateral
- Support the program team in creating community engagement guides for mentors across programs, including opportunities for continued learning and sharing
- With senior leadership, create communication material for the organisation’s growth plans
- Support Mentor Together’s activities to strengthen its financial health, including fundraising events, online campaigns etc.
15% Advocacy and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant media and public relations contacts
- Organize different events to achieve Mentor Together’s research and advocacy objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Postgraduate degree level qualification or equivalent in a communications related subject.
- 4-6 years of experience working in the field of communications. Demonstrable ability in the functional areas mentioned above.
- Proven experience working with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Experience working with e-communications, including preparing and sending e-bulletins, newsletters, annual reports etc
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong planning and organising skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to present our work, across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate with vendors & partners, and get things done
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email us your cover letter and resume to the email email@example.com.