Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
7500 Beechnut Street
Job Summary: The Database Assistant provides comprehensive support to the Fundraising & Communications Team and to the organization as a whole. This person is responsible for maintaining clean and accurate data in Salesforce, the organization’s database, and assists in troubleshooting integration with third-party apps, including Classy, the peer-to-peer fundraising platform, and MailChimp. The Database Assistant is also responsible for pulling mailing lists and prospect reports, as well as executing data entry and supporting database management. This person also provides technical support internally with AV equipment. Experience with data entry and database management required; experience with SalesForce a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain the organization’s database, under the direction of the Fundraising & Communications Manager.
- Manage returned mail from print communications and bounced emails from electronic communications.
- Have a strong working knowledge of volunteer database functions, queries, and reports, and be able to pull detailed and comprehensive reports for various purposes.
- Pull development reports, as well as mailing lists for print and electronic communications.
- Regularly monitor the accuracy of data in Salesforce and consistently clean up data according to organizational protocols.
- Report on problems with the data, and work with Salesforce support and support staff from third-party apps to ensure that the database functions correctly.
- Serve as the organization’s main point of contact for merging duplicate records and addressing inaccurate contact records.
- Work with Fundraising & Communications Manager to establish and maintain data entry protocols.
- Assist with system upgrades and execute system testing as needed.
Serve as an additional support for gift acknowledgment processing, which involves being able to
- Process all non-event related gift acknowledgments.
- Write In Honor Of/In Memory Of notes.
- Use information from donor’s Salesforce record to bring significant donations to the CEO’s attention for development follow-up.
- Pull large gifts for special acknowledgments.
- Under the supervision of the Fundraising & Communications Assistant, update email templates in Salesforce annually and create new templates as needed.
- Assist in updating gift acknowledgment templates annually.
- Provide additional technical support to staff on AV equipment, including providing tech support at events as needed.
- Answer phones and respond to general inquiries as needed.
- Provide on-site support at major events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include: BA or BS degree and 1-2 years of related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the following:
· MS Office Word and Excel
· Basic Hardware Support (PC, laptop, projector, printer, etc.,)
· Database entry and reporting
· SalesForce experience a strong plus
· Classy experience (or familiarity with other fundraising platform) a plus.
We offer PTO (paid time off); medical, dental, and vision insurance; and 401k retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume to: Melissa Bernardoni, COO, email@example.com. No calls, please. Applications must include a cover letter in order to be considered.