1655 Ft Myer Dr
Since our founding in 1979, ISEP has become the largest global membership network for student mobility in the world. We are dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to international experiences: studying, interning and volunteering.
Through ISEP, students build real connections and gain a true understanding of what it is like to live in another culture, thereby developing inter-cultural competencies and a global outlook.
The ISEP member community includes 335+ members in 55 countries.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you an IT strategist looking to lead a small IT team and help a non-profit meet its mission through a user-focused technology infrastructure? Do you possess business acumen and are driven to leverage technology to streamline operations? Are you an avid collaborator who values cross-departmental engagement and communication to implement applicable technology solutions? Then you may be the right candidate to be ISEP’s Director of Technology.
The Director of Technology is a skilled strategist who provides technological leadership in all aspects of ISEP operations. The successful incumbent will be a tactical business partner with ISEP’s Executive Management team and will devise ISEP’s IT strategy to ensure we have the appropriate IT systems and business intelligence to support our operational effectiveness.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current information technology trends and familiar with business concepts. If you are also a stellar communicator and a proactive team player, we want you onboard.
Our priority is optimizing the user experience for our staff, students and members. To that end, the Director will engage employees and other stakeholders to stay informed on ISEP’s technology needs and challenges. You will collaborate across departments to identify technology solutions that streamline our internal operations and augment our service delivery to ensure a positive customer experience.
We are seeking a problem-solver who enjoys addressing complex technological processes, and who knows how to bring the best out of their IT team to ensure smooth business operations. This position has direct impact on our ability to support ISEP students and members, so we are looking for a team member who is passionate about optimizing technology in the service of helping a non-profit organization successfully meet its mission.
The primary focus of the Director of Technology is to ensure that ISEP’s IT systems are functioning optimally and that ISEP team members are technologically equipped to provide the highest level of customer service to our global community.
- Develop ISEP’s technology strategy and create and implement action plans for the IT department.
- Ensure ISEP’s technological resources are relevant to our business model, secure, and delivered on time and on budget.
- Design technological systems and platforms that continuously improve user experience.
- Implement business intelligence tools and protocols that generate timely and relevant data to inform business strategy and process improvements.
· In collaboration with Senior Management, set strategies and goals for the IT department in alignment with the ISEP’s strategic objectives. Develop corresponding action plans for the IT team and ensure their timely implementation. Monitor KPIs and regularly report on progress.
· Oversee ISEP’s technology infrastructure (networks and computer systems) and ensure its optimal performance. Audit the effectiveness of current systems and provide recommendations for enhancements.
· Build quality assurance and data protection processes. Design new security protocols.
· Collaborate with other departments to select and implement suitable technologies to streamline internal operations. Plan the implementation of IT solutions and provide guidance to the IT team and other ISEP staff. Communicate proactively about system enhancements and updates.
· Manage the IT budget and report on expenditures. Analyze the cost, value and risk of ISEP’s IT systems and advise Senior Management on cost savings and risk mitigation options.
· Supervise ISEP’s IT team members and external contractors. Provide coaching and actively manage performance.
· 2-4 years of experience in an IT leadership role as a project and people manager.
· Broad knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, with high proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and ASP.NET technologies.
· Experience performing technology audits and analyses.
· Proven record of implementing system enhancements to optimize user experience.
· Familiarity with software testing.
· Background in designing and implementing IT systems and performing data migrations.
· Keen understanding of how to leverage technology for business intelligence to inform decision-making.
· Strong strategic and business mindset, with a solid understanding of budgeting, data analysis and business operations.
· Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA a plus.
· Experience in the non-profit or higher education sector
- 35-hour work week
- Telework options and summer hours with half-day Fridays
- 80% ISEP-paid employee health, dental and vision premiums
- 60% ISEP-paid dependent health premiums
- 18 days of paid time off
- 12 days of paid holidays
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year’s
- 100% ISEP-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% ISEP-paid Life Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with ISEP match
- Pre-tax FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Coffee and snacks from around the world
- Office parties during the holidays and team events throughout the year
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume, cover letter and salary expectation to email@example.com. Application deadline: December 9, 2018.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.