79 Seventh Street
Promoting safety of members, quality programs, and positive appearance of the Club at all times. Provide positive guidance, discipline and role modeling to members at all times. Plan, organize, and implement a range of program services within the 5 core areas and provide program reports as needed. Participate in staff meetings as directed by the Program or Unit Director. May participate in special initiatives and events. May be required to drive the Club vans.
DUTIES: (Essential Responsibilities, but not limited to)
1. Develop and implement programming under the guidelines of the 5 Core BGCA areas, in addition to specialized programs assigned by the organization.
2. Provide homework assistance and high yield fun learning activities during Power Hour and/or extended homework help.
3. Report weekly deliverables and outcomes as directed by your supervisor.
4. Support an environment that facilitates the achievement and well being of Boys & Girls Club youth development outcomes.
5. Promote and stimulate program participation. Staff must interact with their groups. Be creative when implementing activities in the game room, tech room, gymnasium and other program areas.
6. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the Clubhouse.
7. Manage programs with a high standard of professionalism, effective communication, personal motivation, and interpersonal skills with members, peers, supervisors, parents, volunteers and the general public.
8. Perform any related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required with some post-secondary training highly preferred.
2. Working knowledge of specific content areas (core programs).
3. Experiential knowledge required and academic knowledge preferred regarding the physical, cognitive, emotional and social needs of children from kindergarten to high school age.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Skills in fostering youth development, through encouragement, engagement, involvement and emotional support.
6. Understanding of human relations, leadership and problem solving.
7. Basic computer skills - including basic operating skills (keyboard, mouse, etc); basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; e-mail literacy (Microsoft Outlook); willingness to be trained on additional skills as your position dictates.
8. Ability to earn Mandatory CPR/ First Aid certification.
9. Pass Mandatory Background/Sex offender check.
10. Valid driver’s license and clear driving record that will meet insurance carrier requirements.
11. Bilingual in Spanish or some Spanish-speaking ability a plus.
Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff, members, and families to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Demonstrates an attitude of accountability in carrying out the actions necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of BGCNR.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work requires ability to function in both an administrative office and youth program areas. Some lifting and physical activity required.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Education Required