Details: $12.50 per hour
1800 W. 19th St.
The GirlSpace Program at the Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is currently looking for dynamic individuals to lead weekly workshops for youths in low-income and under-served communities. This position will facilitate such programs as healthy living, financial literacy, and STEM. It is part-time, with 15-20 hours per week for programming and additional hours for office work and community engagement (29 hours per week max). Applicants must be available M-F 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sat 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Program sites are in Chicago West Side or South Side.
- Some college coursework
- 1-2 years of youth programming or formal/informal teaching (volunteer work with children and Nanny/caregiver experience are acceptable)
- Working knowledge of MS office applications
- Must like children, have patience, and be willing to have fun while teaching a variety of skills
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English), a very strong plus
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana welcomes all who are committed to our mission to join us. If you are looking to make a difference with your job, visit our employment page and submit an application.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual skills Spanish/English is preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required