Coltura is a nonprofit environmental organization building a movement to end gasoline use through culture and policy. We are looking for a Social Media Manager who can involve people and grow the movement. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing social media content and placement strategies that build a following, create an interactive, participatory relationship with Coltura, and change popular perceptions of gasoline. We are looking for someone with a passion for the environment and climate action, with experience growing audiences for social media platforms, and who understands and applies the latest social media trends.
Anticipate 10-15 hours/week; may work remotely.
- Develop social media strategy
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Proven track record in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Degree in communications field is a plus.
Depending on experience. Independent contractor relationship.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and qualifications.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required