Details: $48,000.00 - 54,000.00 Salary Non-Exempt
550 Kearny St.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Reports to: Vice President, Individual Giving
Classification: Union Support
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
United Way Bay Area is looking to hire a Development Associate – Stewardship & Operations to administer the gift acknowledgement process for all donors, directly steward and facilitate all team members’ stewardship of leadership level donors, provide other operational support, and directly manage and engage with a portfolio of corporate accounts and individuals therein.
This position reports to the Vice President of Individual Giving, and is a vital member of the Development Team whose focus is on raising over $37 million per year through workplace employee giving campaigns, corporate sponsorships and grants, major gifts, institutional funding, direct mail, donor services and special events. These combined activities generate thousands of gifts each year and this position fulfills a critical role in the delivery of thoughtful and timely stewardship of the donors UWBA relies upon in order to transform lives in the Bay Area.
What you'll do:
Donor Stewardship / Gift Acknowledgement
- Initiate the gift acknowledgment procedure via Salesforce to generate personalized thank-you letters for donations received
- In collaboration with the VP of Individual Giving, ensure thank-you letters are updated annually to refresh tone and reflect current messaging
- Utilize high school intern to fulfill standardized processes to efficiently facilitate applicable functions
- Issue Personal Giving Account (PGA) checks semi-monthly to their receiving agencies
- Issue PGA statements and reminders PGA holders carrying an unspent balance
- Participate in the strategic planning and vision for information management utilizing Salesforce CRM, including ongoing evaluation of systems to streamline operations and donor engagement
- Maintain standard operating procedures for gift and acknowledgement processing, donor information tracking, list management, reporting and queries, and record retention
- Assist with donor and corporate research as needed
- Advocate Salesforce usage within the department and across the organization
Workplace Campaign Account Management
- Develop strategy for a portfolio of 5-7 assigned workplace accounts and establish, in cooperation with management, measurable goals and objectives to meet organization goals
- Manage appropriate training/resources, manage timelines, provide direct support, i.e., speaking engagements, event facilitation, etc. for each account
- Maintain on-going relationships with key leadership and donors in each assigned account
- Conduct face to face visits with a portfolio of leadership donors and steward year-round
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and infiltrate accounts for additional new business opportunities outside of campaign season
- Accurately forecast, monitor and prepare progress reports on assigned accounts
- Work closely with Marketing and Finance/Pledge Processing Teams to promote and set up appropriate technology tools to ensure results for all accounts are properly submitted and recorded
- Provide high level, quality customer service by maintaining positive and proactive relationships with accounts and individuals; maintain thorough communication logs in Salesforce
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with account representatives, donors, and prospective donors to identify philanthropic interests and enhance their knowledge and support of UWBA
- Promote and/or collaborate with the Volunteer, Event and/or Affinity Group Teams to provide targeted opportunities for individuals and corporate employee groups to engage directly with UWBA programs and our mission
- Manage “campaign-in-a-box” accounts through targeted communications, outreach and on rare occasions in-person meetings
- Partner with Development senior leaders to execute departmental events and projects as needed
Who you are:
- Two-three years’ experience in a similar position; administrative experience required; donor relations and direct fundraising experience desirable
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including comfort with public speaking and the ability to write and edit letters and reports
- Advanced expertise in using the entire Microsoft Office suite, including the ability to create letter and picture-perfect correspondence
- Advanced knowledge in the use of a relational database (Salesforce experience is a plus)
- Ability to construct accurate donor profiles using research tools
- Ability to effectively interact with people in high level executive positions and to effectively interface with their designees
- Ability to manage and maintain donor information and communications in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and customer relationships
- Understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relationships
- Ability to work with autonomy and manage own time without supervision
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
Salary: $48,000.00 - 54,000.00 Salary Non-Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
Minimum Education Required