Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Meals on Wheels Coordinator
Department: Senior Services
Reports to: Director of Senior Services and Deputy Director of Senior Services
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
The Meals on Wheels Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the Meals on Wheels (MOW) program, including client support, routing for meal delivery, and staff supervision and development.
• Direct and supervise all drivers and deliverers.
• Supervise the Meals on Wheels Client Services Assistant.
• Complete client intake in STARS Peer Place, assignment to Peer Place route, client communication and support.
• Maintain a list of active substitute drivers and deliverers who can be called to fill absences.
• Collaborate with kitchen staff to assign tasks and supervise the packing of homebound cold packs and hot meals, using appropriate temperature maintenance devices.
• Ensure that kitchen staff take and record temperatures of hot and cold food.
• Ensure delivery equipment is in proper working condition, and properly cleaned and sanitized daily.
• Plan delivery routes, adding and deleting clients when necessary. Adjust routes periodically to maintain necessary balance in size.
• Supervise staff assignments and monitor absences (including vacation) to ensure adequate staffing.
• Adhere to the Meals on Wheels Standards and policies including but not limited to: Emergency Plan,
Safety, Emergency/Accident and Disaster Response Procedures, Grievance Complaint Procedure.
• Receive and record communications from East Side Case Management (ESCM) to initiate service for new clients. Ensure that meal delivery begins, suspends, restarts or terminates in a timely manner, and report all implementation to ESCM.
• Collect and record client contributions and maintain accessible records regarding these transactions.
• Adhere to the Missing Client Protocol and prepare daily Missing Client Report memo (e-mail) to ESCM and Stanley Isaacs MOW.
• Prepare daily DFTA HDLM report and send to Stanley Isaacs Meals on Wheels, ESCM and Finance Department at Union Settlement.
• Maintain inventory of meal packing and delivery supplies, and submit requests to purchase as needed.
• Review and approve all employee time sheets for Meals on Wheels employees. Monitor and approve vacation and personal time off.
• Submit parking tickets to Finance Department for resolution with NYC Department of Parking Violations.
• Schedule regular maintenance, service, and inspection appointments for each vehicle.
• Respond to vehicle emergencies or breakdowns.
• Keep records of each vehicle including registration, licensing and permits information, and vehicle maintenance and fuel records.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Senior Services and the Deputy Director of Senior Services.
• Bachelor’s Degree 2 years experience in an office setting coordinating transportation, Meals on Wheels, or related activities. At minimum, Associate’s Degree and 5 years experience in an office setting coordinating transportation, Meals on Wheels, or related activities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
• Knowledge of East Harlem community.
• Demonstrated understanding of the challenges facing aging populations.
• An innovative and patient professional dedicated to serving aging populations.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Meals-on-Wheels Coordinator in the subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and…