6128 168th Place SE
Do you love finding solutions, keeping track of numerous details, and working collaboratively to deliver phenomenal day and overnight programs? Are you the calm in the storm of event planning? Do you enjoy juggling hard deadlines with the ability to jump in and help whenever or wherever needed? If this sounds like you, Open Window School has an incredible opportunity!
At Open Window, our students love to learn and we love to provide authentic learning opportunities. Middle School Students (grades 5-8) spend several days each month on and off campus in partnership with various community resources. These Partnerships enrich what students are currently studying, provide a broader life experience through cultural immersion and community service learning, inspire students about new possible careers and subjects, and create lasting memories through experiential education. In addition, each grade level goes on an annual Hallmark Trip that is tied to their curriculum for the year. These trips build confidence, self-awareness, and empathy, while broadening students’ understanding of the Northwest and beyond. They connect classroom learning to real world applications locally and globally.
Most of the Partnerships and Hallmark Trips are well established programs that have been successfully completed for the past several years. We need someone with the skills, experience, and passion to keep our programs running smoothly. This position is well suited for someone interested in developing themselves professionally in the coming years, as the job may offer flexible growth as you master the role.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
· Experience successfully planning complex events (educational event planning experience a plus!)
· Fastidious attention to detail (no spelling errors get passed you, paperwork is organized and right at your fingertips, and at any given moment you know where your projects stand and what needs your immediate attention)
· Proven record of developing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community partners
· Confidence in utilizing technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote) and willing ability to learn new technologies and programs
· Demonstrated exceptional time management skills, including ability to handle multiple competing deadlines
· Discretion and ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
· Demonstrate and encourage the development of shared community values, such as honesty, kindness, inclusivity, and respect
· Eager and willing to accept other duties as assigned
· First Aid/CPR/AED certification (may be obtained upon hire)
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Absolute ownership in ensuring all logistics of programs are successfully completed. You’ll work with the business office to ensure risk management is reviewed, invoices are complete and correct prior to being paid, transportation needs are scheduled and confirmed, and the necessary agreements and permission forms are obtained on schedule.
· Primary contact for faculty, students, and parents about Partnerships and Hallmark Trips.Instill confidence with faculty and families while proactively addressing potential areas of concern (inclusion, student health concerns, cost, location, etc.). Answer parent questions and address any concerns. Able to present program information to staff and parent meetings.
· Meet with Middle School Administrative Assistant weekly to review upcoming events, required paperwork, and schedule modifications so that you can provide timely initial and reminder notices to families. Determine how various events (Parent Association meetings, Partnership trips, and other special events) will impact the Middle School calendar.
· Manage details to ensure successful organization and scheduling of arts elective program and 8th grade exploratory program
· Administer school lunch vendor program.
· Assist with Student Council led activities (assemblies, dances, spirit week, cafes, and volunteer opportunities)
· Serve as the Middle School Liaison for the Director of Parent Relations & Parent Association
· Be an integral part of our Middle School community by providing back-up coverage for the Administrative Assistant’s desk when she is away, assist with break and lunch supervision, and student drop-off
· Supportive of the school’s Diversity Commitment, in which we embrace both our commonalities and complex range of differences that enrich our school
As you become a master in your role, we anticipate you will:
· Evaluate programs, soliciting feedback from community partners, staff, students, and families
· Suggest improvements to current programs to better meet program goals
· Collaborate with Summer Camp Director to develop course offerings for Middle School students
· Maintain a general awareness of Middle School core curriculum to actively seek out and present new ideas and appropriate suggestions
· Serve on the Graduation Committee
Hours and generous benefits:
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM*, Monday through Friday
*Hours may be adjusted during the week to attend Tuesday afternoon faculty meetings until 5:00 PM, or to assist with Middle School programs that require early morning student departures or evening returns to campus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, 52 weeks per year. $18-$20/hour depending upon your experience. Five weeks of paid vacation (to be used during school-year breaks and during the summer), 11 paid holidays, and 12 paid sick/personal days are provided annually. The school provides medical, dental, and vision coverage for its employees and subsidizes some of the cost for adding dependents. The school is not easily accessible by public transportation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position and why you are qualified for this position, your resume, three professional and one personal reference. Apply at our website or here: https://goo.gl/Es8d5W
Open Window School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national or ethnic origin, or other status legally protected by local, state, or federal law. We encourage minority and multilingual applicants to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position and why you are qualification for this position, your resume, three professional and one personal reference. Apply at our website or here: https://goo.gl/Es8d5W