139 Newbury Street
Major responsibilities of the Data Specialist include populating and maintaining the student and staff databases, aggregation of student achievement data to support instruction, timely DESE compliance reporting, maintaining admissions and enrollment tracking systems, and providing business and HR data support to the Director of Business and Operations.
- Populate multiple school database systems and ensure accuracy & consistency in data
- Conduct regular reviews of data
- Create ad hoc and official data reports and assist in analysis as needed
- Complete mandated state and federal reports including, but not limited to EPIMS, SIMS, and bi-annual Civil Rights reporting
- Manage Google Domain, including user and group creation
- Manage user accounts for online educational tools
- Maintain accounts for hosted services (i.e. GoDaddy, PayPal)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel
- Competence in Google Suite
- Experience with online testing administration (i.e. MCAS) preferred
- Experience with MS Access, Edwin Analytics, and/or WordPress a plus
- College degree in computer sciences, business administration, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in computer administrative software
- Understands the importance of and believes in teamwork and service
CHRISTA MCAULIFFE CHARTER SCHOOL
The mission of the Christa McAuliffe Charter School is to cultivate within each member of a diverse student body an intense commitment to self and community, the courage and insight to set high standards for academic and personal success, and the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to achieve those standards.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Christa McAuliffe Charter School is a diverse Expeditionary Learning school for 400 scholars in grades 6-8. Our hands-on curriculum inspires achievement through active learning, character growth, and teamwork.
McAuliffe is a community of engaged, motivated learners — students and adults alike. At McAuliffe students take ownership of their learning, guided by creative, passionate adults who adeptly navigate the ever-present balancing act of challenge and support. A spirit of adventure pervades the school, and the energy is seemingly boundless. McAuliffe is the rare middle school where it really is ok to be yourself. The community values independence and individuality, while practicing collaboration, inclusivity, and acceptance.
WHAT IS EXPEDITIONARY LEARNING?
Expeditionary Learning (EL) is a national school transformation organization operating in 165 schools in 30 states and reaching over 45,000 students. EL partners with schools to improve student achievement through an inquiry and project-based approach. EL schools inspire the motivation to learn, engage teachers and students in new levels of focus and effort, and transform schools into places where students and adults become leaders of their own learning. EL’s definition of student success combines academic achievement, character and high quality work. We believe that academic success is built on strong character qualities of collaboration, perseverance, responsibility and compassion, and that character is shaped through engaging and challenging academic work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email the following to McAuliffe Hiring Team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter.
- Resume that gives a full picture of your professional and educational experiences.
- List of professional references including capacity in which you know each person, affiliation, current employment, email, and phone contact information.