At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you an accomplished and creative health system innovator? If so, you may be our next Senior Technical Coordinator of Health Systems Innovation.
As the Senior Technical Coordinator of Health Systems Innovation reporting to the Director of National Community Health Systems (NCHS), you will drive innovation in Liberia’s National Community Health Assistant program by piloting community health care solutions that broaden the program’s scope and have the potential to deliver higher-quality clinical services to patients in the last mile. Your technical assistance, program and departmental coordination, and creative problem solving will be critical to scaling and improving this incredible program.
What You'll Do
- Develop, execute, manage and evaluate strategic program pilots designed to improve or extend the services offered through the National Community Health Assistant program, including health services related to nutrition, family planning, and vaccination.
- Coordinate extensively with and maintain strong working relationships with relevant Ministry of Health departments and units (Expanded Program for Immunization, Nutrition Division, Family Health, Community Health Services Division etc.) to execute pilots, provide technical assistance, and ensure cross-departmental communication throughout the MoH on topics of importance to the National CHA Program.
- Serve as a critical liaison between the LMH program team that directly leads portions of the National Community Health Assistant program and the MOH to ensure that strategy, communications, and insights are seamlessly shared.
- Although this role is an independent contributor, act as a thought partner, technical authority, and coach to others on the NCHS team, ensuring that the team is positioned to achieve goals and accelerate its impact.
- Be available to travel up to 20%
What You'll Bring
- Several years of experience successfully leading public health projects across a range of topical areas, including leading multiple projects from design, to implementation, to evaluation.
- Strong project and budget management skills, including experience developing work plans, budgets and M&E plans.
- Direct clinical experience in community health, nursing, or related field
- A track record of building productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments and clinical institutions
- Bachelor's degree in health related field with 10 + years of experience or Master's degree in health related field with 5+ years of experience
You'll Impress Us If
- You have directly managed experiments or other small-scale pilots in partnership with the Ministry of Health that have then been scaled nationally
- You have implemented monitoring and evaluation models to assess program effectiveness
- Have an advanced clinical degree
Minimum Education Required