Reports To: Maintenance Director
Objective: To repair/maintain Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc. (“MHSA’s”) Program Facilities and equipment, ensuring a clean and safe environment for the clients served and staff employed.
Scope: To work closely with supervisor in planning, prioritizing, and carrying out all necessary repairs and maintenance assignments. To maintain proper inventories of consumable repair items and keep accurate records of repairs, expenditures and scheduled preventative maintenance assignments. This is a non-exempt, hourly position.
Schedule: 8:30am-4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
- Assist supervisor in managing subcontractors.
- Communicate with Program Directors on the maintenance of their facilities and equipment when applicable.
- Train and supervise department staff when applicable.
- Ensure accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Develop and open new supply accounts.
- Order and inventory supplies as needed.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all applicable appliances/tools and machines.
- Assist supervisor in planning/prioritizing and scheduling repair work.
- Assist in cleaning and repairing Program units and offices when necessary.
- Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Attend in-service and outside training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Various other responsibilities assigned by supervisor from time to time and/or as needed to ensure the proper functioning of MHSA Programs.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in painting, light carpentry, light plumbing, drywall & joint compound patching.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, standards and related proper practices.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturers’ Safety Data Sheets as they relate to products used by MHSA Maintenance Employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, as needed
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified (MHSA will provide training opportunity)
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable personal transportation
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for Full Time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.