Details: Negotiable depending on experience.
About Resolve Foundation
Resolve is one of Hong Kong’s newest non-profit organizations, providing a dynamic platform to empower future leaders, particularly from traditionally marginalized and underrepresented groups, with the skills, network and resources for them to know, understand, and act upon their rights for the benefit of the communities they represent and drive a more inclusive Hong Kong. We provide a signature social justice fellowship program combining leadership development, human rights education and campaigning skills. Resolve stands for Rights, Equality, Solidarity, Organization, Leadership, Voice and Empowerment. Our vision is for a more inclusive Hong Kong, where every voice has a say in its future. Learn more at www.resolvehk.org.
Role & Responsibilities:
As we embark on a new phase of our growth outlined in our 2018-2020 Strategic Plan, we are seeking an experienced Head of Marketing & Fundraising to raise our profile to key external audiences and garner financial support and partnerships to advance Resolve’s mission. This position is an exciting senior management position at a new and dynamic organization, and as such, you will play a key role in building and promoting Resolve’s brand, setting out consistent messaging and targeting new audiences and driving Resolve’s short, medium and long-term growth. This role is perfect for someone looking to take on a new challenge, to be part of a passionate and purpose-driven team and who is looking to leave a lasting legacy on a new organization working to embetter Hong Kong society through community empowerment.
Leadership and Strategy
● Engage and support in strategic planning and take a leading role in setting an annual budgets and and targets in work-plans related to marketing and fundraising.
● Identify and evaluate opportunities as well as risks associated with the marketing and fundraising activities and take appropriate action.
● Keep abreast of and critically reflect on global developments and trends that may be of relevance to Resolve’s marketing and fundraising work.
● Form a part of the senior management team of Resolve, taking lead responsibility for marketing and fundraising, supporting the CEO & Board and liaise with other managers to foster integration across the team.
● Attend and represent the NGO at relevant networking events and opportunities and act as an ambassador for the organisation.
● Develop captivating and clear messaging and communication materials to support the effective marketing and management of the Resolve brand and to attract new and more diverse audiences.
● Build relationships with PR and media contacts, pitch content and secure coverage for Resolve, developing press releases and a pipeline of features and opinion pieces in different outlets.
● Manage the content creation and distribution of Resolve’s regular communication channels, including social media, newsletters, annual reports and other information materials.
● Further refine and manage Resolve’s CRM database of subscribers and supporters and create targeted communications for these different audiences to foster engagement.
● Develop and strengthen Resolve’s voice by keeping the brand guidelines up to date and developing standard templates (i.e. letterhead, signatures, PPTs) to ensure consistency.
● Put in place monitoring and evaluation systems and critically review data related to marketing, such as social media analytics, website traffic and more.
● Develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy, working together with the CEO and Board, leveraging innovative methods to capture sustainable and diversified income sources.
● Plan and execute a crowdfunding appeal in the lead up to Resolve’s next fellowship program and develop creative and engaging ways to expand individual regular giving.
● Take a leading role in cultivating and managing donor relationships and mapping and developing the ‘donor journey’ for all different types of donors.
● Working in collaboration with the CEO and Board, to scout opportunities for new funding streams and to be key person responsible for developing a tool to keep track of these leads.
● Assist in grant-writing, developing pitch decks, concept notes and attend meetings and events and actively network with potential funders.
● Develop monitoring and evaluation systems and critically review data related to fundraising, including in-kind support and donations.
HR & Finance
● In consultation with the CEO, recruit, interview and select well-qualified staff, volunteers and interns to support fundraising and marketing activities.
● Supervise and develop marketing and fundraising related staff, volunteers and interns by providing them with direction, input and feedback in line with the HR policies and practices.
● Help in the preparation, as needed and where appropriate, of team-wide activities and meetings, staff retreats and monthly team meetings.
● Write reports on marketing and fundraising for internal management purposes, such as, but not limited to, board meetings, quarterly and annual work-planning reviews.
● Develop marketing and fundraising budgets, ensure that these are operating within the approved budget, monitor budgeted marketing and fundraising expenditures and ensure that all financial records and supporting documentation for the program are up to date.
● A Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Public Relations, Communication, Marketing, Nonprofit-Management, Journalism or other equivalent discipline.
● Exceptional writing skills and ability to succinctly communicate to different stakeholders and audiences. Bilingual fluency in Chinese (Cantonese) and English.
● A reputable and demonstrated track record in marketing, communications, fundraising or business development. Previous nonprofit experience highly desirable.
● Exceptional digital fluency, including Microsoft Office, Google-based platforms and strong familiarity with social media and crowdfunding platforms.
● Must have right to work in Hong Kong.
● Strong and persuasive presentation skills.
● Excellent diplomacy and confidentiality.
● Interest in human rights, social justice and inclusion.
● Team-player and able to work with diverse groups of people.
● Exercises discretion and able to maintain confidentiality.
● Honest, strong work ethic and committed to financial integrity.
● Creative mindset and innovative spirit.
● Resourcefulness, problem-solving skills and initiative.
● Strong attention to detail and an eye for good design.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual fluency in Chinese (Cantonese) and English.
Minimum Education Required