The Part Time Organizer is responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of the organization’s high school voter registration, civic engagement, and get out the vote efforts. Under the leadership of our Regional Managers, the Organizer recruit and train volunteers, communicate with school leaders, and support community college and high school students to organize opportunities to engage their peers in the voting process. The Organizer will also be responsible for accurate data entry, processing and submission of voter registration forms to elections officials (county clerks, registrar of voters, etc) in a timely manner. Voter registration and pledge to vote data will be tracked to enable the Inspire U.S. staff, school administrators and student leaders to conduct outreach activities to engage newly registered voters in civic action efforts, updating them with important deadlines and reminders for upcoming elections, and ultimately encouraging them to cast a ballot.
Schedule and Commitment
- This part-time, temporary commitment begins immediately
- This is a seasonal position that runs with school and election cycles. This part-time position will be evaluated for extension after Nov. 6th election.
- Scheduling for this position is based on weekly events and requires flexibility. Typically, events may occur between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm. Hours worked will not exceed 8 hrs per day, nor 30 hours per week.
Scope of Work
The following list of responsibilities and deliverables highlight major expectations, but additional duties may be assigned as needed:
Organizing in the Dallas Metro Area
- In collaboration with the Inspire U.S. Regional Coordinators and Managers, develop and implement organizing goals; work with coalition partners to collaborate on programs and projects.
- Implement plans to reach Inspire U.S’s voter registration, civic engagement, and get out the vote goals.
- Identify, recruit, train, and manage local volunteers from community college campuses to assist in conducting effective voter engagement efforts to amplify the youth voice in the Dallas metro area.
- Implement volunteer activities including, but not limited to, voter registration drives, classroom presentations, disseminating voter resources and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts.
- Communicate frequently with Regional Manager/Coordinators for program updates and specific needs for high school voter registration events (eg. materials, volunteers, etc.).
- Maintain contact with volunteers, school leaders, and community partners to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Uses templates provided by Inspire U.S., prepare email and text communications for distribution to eligible registered voters.
- Complete timely recording and data entry of registration and pledge forms collected during high school voter registration events.
- Ensure registration forms and pledge cards are filled out neatly and accurately for ease of entry.
- Maintain up-to-date database of voter registration and pledge data in NationBuilder, with accurate tracking and logging of communication.
- Assist with NationBuilder and VAN database matching efforts (training provided).
- As time permits and as needed, provide support with administrative tasks.
- Other Projects as assigned.
This position reports to an Inspire U.S. Regional Manager. Weekly time sheets must
be submitted for approval. Extended hours must be approved in advance, but shall not
exceed 8 hours per day, nor 30 hours per week.
A background check will be required prior to employment. Fees associated with the
background/security check will be paid by Inspire U.S.
Local travel is required for this position and the Organizer will need a reliable vehicle, driver’s license and insurance. Inspire U.S. will reimburse at the IRS standard mileage rate for travel to required meetings and events.
Minimum Education Required