105 Earl Hall
Community Impact at Columbia University is a non-profit organization that operates 27 social service, mentoring, and education programs, serving youth and adults in the Harlem and Morningside Heights Communities with the support of student volunteers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant:
- Provides front-line administrative support.
- Performs routine filing, e-mailing, proofreading, drafting correspondence, and editing.
- Processes special requests.
- Sets up and maintains communication systems including e-mail distribution, mail and bulletin boards.
- Responds to requests for information as needed and refers to other staff as necessary
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and correspondence between the Director and Board members, donors, staff, students, and other constituencies.
- Prepare expense reports, checks, and reimbursements
- Updates and enhances resource materials with assistance from program staff.
- Coordinates the work of student and casual employees, and submits work schedules for approval.
- Performs other related, project, tasks, and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of two years of administrative or related transferable experience required. Strong oral and written communication skills also required. Previous work with a non –profit organization preferable.
Columbia University Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on "Search Open Positions." on the Careers at Columbia page. To search for this positions Use Requisition #092696 and then click "Search."