Accounts Receivable Accountant & Payroll Administrator
- Job posted by Children's Council of San Francisco
Details: commensurate with experience
445 Church Street
Annual Salary: $54,000 - $59,140
This is a fulltime nonexempt position that is based on a 37.50 hour workweek.
ABOUT CHILDREN’S COUNCIL:
Our mission at Children’s Council is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and work with parents, providers, and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. Our team is committed to empowering parents with the information they need to make good decisions regarding child care and early education for their children. We also equip early educators with the expert resources they need to be better at what they do and simultaneously improve the quality of care that’s available in San Francisco. We believe all children must have high quality care and early education that meets their unique needs because their long-term success depends on it. If you are passionate about connecting families with quality child care, we want you on our team.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and Controller, the
Accounts Receivable Accountant/Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing the agency’s cash inflows, preparation and working with HR on the reporting of our bi-weekly payroll. The Accounts Receivable Accountant/Payroll Administrator will coordinate billings allocations of agency expenses and create monthly expenses reimbursement reports to government funders, also track all outstanding receivables, all non-government funding and all donor pledges and gifts. The Accounts Receivable Accountant/Payroll Administrator collects and maintains all funding, operations and administrative contracts.
· Input annual program budgets and monthly expenses into governmental online billing systems for each government contract.
· Create and submit monthly expense reimbursement reports for each government contract source using the format required by the funder.
· Track performance comparing budget-to-actual expenses by line item for each government contract source.
· Track outstanding cost reimbursement reports until paid.
· Monitor, record, analyze and report on fundraising activities and special events and track donor pledges.
· Maintain accounts receivable aging and act as main point of contact for all outstanding receivable issues.
· Perform monthly reconciliations of all contracts receivable accounts.
· Prepare H.S.A, CDE and Nutrition payments reconciliations annually.
· Process cash deposits, code and enter funder and cash receipts.
· Process electronic check deposits/deposits made trough the RDC service.
· Maintain customer codes for fund tracking and billings.
· Maintain agency funder contracts filing system.
· Maintain all agency vendor contracts, including subcontracted services, lease etc.
· Maintain agency Liabilities and Workers’ Compensation Insurances for funders and initiate renewal with the broker.
· Act as back-up of daily cash-flow report submitted to finance management.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Works with HR to process and transmit bi-weekly payroll including transmission to ADP.
· Review payroll exceptions report to verify changes in payroll are correctly authorized.
· Track and reconcile employee contributions and invoices for all benefit plans and union dues, monthly. And analyze all payroll tax records.
· Prepare payroll allocation reports and journal entries in accordance with Agency cost allocation plan.
· Maintains strict confidentiality of all payroll data, including wage garnishments, social security, tax claims and other confidential information related payroll practice.
· Work with HR to coordinate and improve the payroll process and sharing information.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Business Administration.
· Knowledge of ADP payroll and at least 5 years of experience preparing General Ledger and Journal Entries.
· High level of understanding of U.S. G.A.A.P.
· Ability to prioritize, manage projects, and meet multiple deadlines under minimal supervision.
· Knowledge and 3-5 years of experience using medium to large scaled computerized accounting systems such as Sage MIP
Fund Accounting or equivalent.
· Minimum of one-year experience in Payroll Accounting for an Agency with 100+ employees.
· Experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including lookup functions and pivot tables.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, outlook and Access Databases.
· Experience and knowledge of accounting principles and billing requirements for government-funded non-profit organizations.
· Must be able to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to move throughout the office, access files, meet with clients, and climb four flights of stairs if needed.
· Requires the mental acuity to perform the essential functions as outlined in an accurate and timely fashion.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume and Cover letter required. Please include your salary expectations.